Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Alright after weeks of talking I'm getting a proper vaper. I've stalled on numerous occasions because of my bad relationship with decision-making. Each time I go online, card in hand to buy I just get overwhelmed with information.

Price isn't really part of the consideration but throat hit is a biggy (i sometimes smoke up to 20 a day) and second on the list is minimal size (but throat hit would completely outrank this).

Can anyone recommend a package (where everything is included) so I can get on this horse for once and for all?

Big throat hit, minimal size (if possible) but regular size device entertained.

Please help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol^^

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

650 mah battery size will save you a cm or two in length but about 2/3rds the battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

What he said ^^

If throat hit counts for most get a high nic juice 24mg or 18mg,.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Thanks a lot guys! Any juice recommendations for a starter?

I like the highbrow range for fruit flavours and i believe the House of Liquid do the best tobacco but tastes vary so much its hard to recommend.
    try some sample packs is your best bet.
    my favs are
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/strawlem.htm
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/orangesan.htm
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/limon.htm
    http://www.grantsvanillacustard.com/
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/swedish%20fish.htm
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/mintsweet.htm

• Advertisement

Okay, finally ordered it. Really hope it works out.

I just tried the 5 free wingman nut juices (although I didn't see anything about 18mg 24mg nicotine? Anyone shed any light on that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

how many ml do you get with the highbrow stuff?,if it's 10ml it's fairly pricey

30ml

it's quite pricy ... well pricy for Ireland, for some reason we don't get screwed on juice prices as much as uk/us but it's quality juice. definite value for money.

30ml i don't know why this isn't clear on all the web stores.

Went for the 650mah for the slight reduction in length. From reading it seems 6-8 hours battery, depending on how much you use it. Say usuall cigerette puffing amounts (number of drags roughly for a cigerette) how many 'cigerettes' would ye get? And does the battery drain significantly the whole time or only when you actually take drags?

• Advertisement

only when you take drags (have the button pressed down)

no way to tell about the cigarettes. some people vape every 5 minutes, some once or twice a half hour or less some never have it out of their lips.

Ah cool so if i was vaping roughly the same amount as I was smoking it'd get me through a day on a battery?

*shrug*

you'll find out soon enough I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Ah cool so if i was vaping roughly the same amount as I was smoking it'd get me through a day on a battery?

Yes if you mimic smoking say 20 periods 10 short puffs. In practice this dosn't happen.Nicotine is absorbed differently from vapor and to get the same reduction in 'cravings' (I prefer to call it the same satisfaction :)) you'll find longer drags and more frequent use works best. After a while you notice you use it less than smoking if your busy and more if your idle.

Got it there. Can't figure out to put the juice in though :pac:

did you get the kanger t2 or t3?

the t2 i think unscrews from the top, so you unscrew the mouthpiece section and just spour the juice in

t3 unscrews from the bottom so you grip the little patterned metal bit at the bottom and unscrew that, then pour the juice in

yea unscrewed the mouthpiece, the juice goes into where the white string things are?

yeah you pour the juice into the clear body tank and the wick feeds the juice to the heating coil, which is protected there where the wick disappears into the body

and there's some sort of power button?

on the battery, yeah. it should be pretty obvious

the battery might be turned off when you get it so press the button down 5 times quickly, it will flash a couple of times to let you know it's now turned on and then you press the button to vape

pressing the button down 5 times again turns it off, handy if you're going to be leaving it in your pocket or a bag for extended periods

• Advertisement

That's the ****!

are you happy or angry.....:)

quite happy, i was afraid of not much throat hit and bam! straight away. And so I filled half of the thing with a tropical breeze juice. Do ye have to smoke a whole juice to get rid of it or do ye sometimes get it back into the juice container?

Also, any tips so I don't break the damn thing (besides not dropping it).

you will have to use the whole thing up

i guess you could unscrew it and pour the juice out, if you take the little dripper plastic thing out of the bottle the juice came in you couldpour it back in but... I dunno if the heat from the coil inside the kanger would affectthe juice.. and if youi keep emptying used juice back into it.. might affect the flavour, dont really know

just dont drop it really. only used the kanger t3's for a couple of days but they seemed sturdy enough

And digby did you quite cigs on them? I've heard it's usually a transition of still smoking cigs for a little while but the vape takes over and ye don't really like cigs anymore compared to it?

i stopped smoking cigs the second I got my ecig. some use both for a while, some quit straight away.

once you've stopped smoking cigs altogether, whenever that is.. take a drag off a friends one after about 2-3 weeks of no cigs you'll be amazed at how awful an experience it is.

quite happy, i was afraid of not much throat hit and bam! straight away. And so I filled half of the thing with a tropical breeze juice. Do ye have to smoke a whole juice to get rid of it or do ye sometimes get it back into the juice container?

Also, any tips so I don't break the damn thing (besides not dropping it).
    just pour it back in the bottle and wash the kanger.You might lose a ml or so doing this though because of the juice that will stick to the wick or tank.

i stopped smoking cigs the second I got my ecig. some use both for a while, some quit straight away.

once you've stopped smoking cigs altogether, whenever that is.. take a drag off a friends one after about 2-3 weeks of no cigs you'll be amazed at how awful an experience it is.
    I did this the other day and by god smoking is rank.Even the feel of smoke is so dry and disgusting compared to vaping.

pmc did you have a transition phase? I'm going smoke a cig now

• Advertisement

pmc did you have a transition phase? I'm going smoke a cig now
    Not at all,I was pessimistic going into vaping because I had an ecig before getting my kanger,which was just crap.I thought the kanger was going to be just a little improvement on my ecig,but I was blown away.The novelty took over as well and before I knew it I was a week off smokes so there was no point in going through a transistion phase.To be honest I didnt need it because the kanger was giving me a better drag than my cigarettes were.

My transistion was immediate and a pleasure with no effort.

Advertisement