Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

A
    illicit007 wrote: »
    Would you do me a favour and let me know how you get on with them. Personally I've found with vapourisers in the past that the really high quality expensive ones are amazing and anything else don't compare. But if the knock off one is alright I might recommend it to a friend or two.

Contacted the supplier, he is wholesale, even though his moq is 1 he said if I just wanted 1, to buy it off his shop 'zainy.net' and there it is €39ish($51) delivered. Gave him the bs story that I was setting up a store etc. but I guess he has heard that one a million times before, still a little tempted though:-) but tbh I would agree that the quality would suck, I'll keep ya posted if I do get one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

FWIW plenty of users on UKVapers.org have used zainy.net for ecig stuff (a good few bought the Vamo there) and they seem to have found it ok.

I used them once before and they were grand but delivery took over a month(not their fault) just a bit weary of the quality of this particular product, he describes it himself as a " cheap" dry herbal vaporizer, nuff said:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jamie72 wrote: »
    Voltage,wattage etc is not the same as temperature. With an atty your just controlling the amount of power on the coil. It isn't the same thing.

I know, not directly translatable, but a coil radiating within a ceramic wall with a voltage being pushed into it and a temperature regulator making sure it stays relatively stable is how it works, which is pretty close and workable if we could find out the resistance of the ceramic heater and the voltages pushed.

If only somebody would become the Mamu or breaktru of that world so mods could be (relatively) easily built by us proles.

I think you just broke my brain!!! I kinda get what your saying but how is it the really expensive ones have temperature control?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I think you just broke my brain!!! I kinda get what your saying but how is it the really expensive ones have temperature control?

That's probably one of the reasons they are expensive. Thermometer and what amounts to a variable wattage function except with temperature.
    Certain temperatures used at certain stages of the vaping process gets even more bang for buck out of people's produce than if they just went straight for the temp that one certain ingredient releases at.

No doubt they overprice it though, all you have to do is look at what those kinds of vendors in America charge for eGo batteries and cartos (used with a vapable extraction) to see what their profit margins are like.
    $40 for an eGo? $3 per Boge? They're making a killing off of an ignorant audience.

Ah, I see said the blind man!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Mr. Chrome wrote: »

You use pulse width modulation to maintain temperature with PID control.

In simple terms, you turn the coil on and off really fast. How long it stays on for and how long it stays off for depends on the reading from your temperature sensor (which also needs to be accurate). Using this method you can obtain a constant accurate temperature within a degree or two. The parts list and circuitry involved starts to get pricey when you factor everything in and the supplier gets a cut. When you consider the relatively small market for these devices, the price has to be high to make it financially sustainable.

The cheaper ones turn off when they reach a certain temp and then turn on when they fall below a certain temp. Coupled with a poor temp sensor (as a proper linear circuit would mean upping the price), they don't work very well. You either end up wasting herb because the device isn't hot enough, or just burning it anyway because the temperature is too high. They can't maintain a proper temperature because they are always either heating up or cooling down.

Its times like this I regret not paying attention in electrical science:-(

Advertisement