Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam AC 8k - 8k Road Race, 20/01/2012

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭

Hey guys here is a link to the 2011 event. Anybody thinking of doing it this year?

This is the race website. Here is a FAQ's section too.

I'll be giving it a shot myself after a terrible 2012 with injuries etc... I didn't get a single race (road/run race) in 2012! So I want to have a good start to the year and make a start line and remind myself of what it is like just to be part of a race day! The aim is to even split each km. Here goes.

Anyone else in?

PS I think I got in on time to get the 3 pack of running socks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I'll be doing it also. Looking forward to it now. Hopefully a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I did this last year and it was a really good event. I set a pb on the course even though I ran easy for 2.5km before racing the final 5.5km (because I wasn't in a ready state to race the whole lot) so that tactic worked pretty well.
    Here is my report if it's of any use.

Won't get the chance to run this year unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭El Director

belcarra wrote: »
    I did this last year and it was a really good event. I set a pb on the course even though I ran easy for 2.5km before racing the final 5.5km (because I wasn't in a ready state to race the whole lot) so that tactic worked pretty well.
    Here is my report if it's of any use.

Won't get the chance to run this year unfortunately.

Excellent, thanks for that and well done on your PB last year...I'd love a similar result myself on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Congrats to all the organisers/helpers today. Great event with probably the finest cake I have EVER had in the hall after :) Will be back for a good event like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Great event. Really enjoyed it. Well done to all involved, well organised and well ran (excuse the pun). Looking forward to doing it next year. +1 on the good cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Have to say I was a little confused as to the lack of a starting mat (though the last time I ran with those new paper tags on the laces, the start mat didn't pick it up), though I guess it was gun time only.
    Lovely course with a challenging headwind til you turned the corner and headed back towards the town.

Headed off too quick (when will I ever learn), though despite a stitch, I managed to hold it together for a PB. I've a faster time in me for sure if I can just get the pacing right.

Cakes were savage afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭El Director

Well done to Tuam AC, a very well organised race and a great atmosphere. I'd describe the route as exposed in places and dragy which made it a good challenge. The tea and cakes were great but a nice warm shower would have been even more welcomed!

34min for me so huge room for improvement before my next 8k, Streets of Galway in Aug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Enjoyed the race greatly. Well done to Tuam ac on a well run and very professional job. Socks were appreciated too. Ran 10 sec per k slower than my last 10k and finished neck and neck with the same guy. That's january for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

Great race. Fast course. Starting area is not ideal but its still the best available option . Great cake but the Tay dispensers just don't have the capacity for five hundred plus . Old style tea kettles are faster.fabulous value for fifteen euro overall.

Advertisement