Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7970 Far Cry 3 Issue

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

As the title suggests, I'm having an issues running Far Cry 3 (FC3) on my 7970. It's a reference card with the stock fan and heat sink. I'm using 12.11 beta 11 drivers. At stock clocks on recommended settings I was getting incredibly low frames, this was with an FOV of 110, 8x MSAA and VSync enabled. Running on low delivers 60FPS as that's my monitors cap. The artifacts stopped then.

My current build:
    i7 3820 @3.6GHz (Hyper threading is enabled)
    8GB of DDR3 at 1333MHz
    7970 3GB
    Force 3 SSD

The card is currently overclocked and the clock speeds and temps are listed below.

Stock
    GPU Clock: 925MHz
    Memory Clock: 1375MHz
    Idle Temp: 38°C
    Max Load Temp: 77°C

OC
    Stock
    GPU Clock: 1050MHz
    Memory Clock: 1525MHz
    Idle Temp: 41°C
    Max Load Temp: 77°C

I'm able to run on Ultra with 45-50FPS at the moment but the artifacts are still there. If it helps they only appear on on sand.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Have you tried not using beta drivers? Roll back to the latest stable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Matchman08

I'll do that now. Thanks, it never occurred to me :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Matchman08 wrote: »
    I'll do that now. Thanks, it never occurred to me :)

Maybe go back to stock speeds as well see if that helps, and if it ok then start ramping it up from there again. Also anything above 2xMSAA is a complete performance killer I'd go 4x max.

Advertisement