Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB 2.0 Slim External 3D Blu-ray Drive €25 ebay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

this guy wants silly money to post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Just use parcel motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

How difficult is it to get software and drivers for it, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭loki7777

Easy, google for it -few sec and you will find ashampoo(but this is just the player so you dont need it;), any free media players(MPC HC). You dont need any drivers for it - if you are on Windows Vista and above

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Will this work on a mac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭loki7777

It should without any problems but i dont know macs at all - it just a player connected via usb port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

wonder if this would work on my 3D TV, i.e , plug it into a USB slot on back of TV and playback via the TV

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

loki7777 wrote: »
    It should without any problems but i dont know macs at all - it just a player connected via usb port.

I'm nearly 100% sure it will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

wonder if this would work on my 3D TV, i.e , plug it into a USB slot on back of TV and playback via the TV

unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

I have this drive from Samsung and it has AV connectivitiy mode. I know it is a different brand and a DVD drive but just wanted to point out that it is possible...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

sk282 wrote: »
    I have this drive from Samsung and it has AV connectivitiy mode. I know it is a different brand and a DVD drive but just wanted to point out that it is possible...

A TV should be able to read a data disk with media files on it and play those, however I doubt any TV on the market possesses the software/codecs required to play back an actual bluray movie (which seems to be what what Deep Thought is wondering?), as manufacturers have to pay royalties to the bluray consortium for each device.

Advertisement