If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on what 5.1 setup to buy

Options
  • 14-01-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a 5.1 setup and am looking for your advice.

My Budget is £200 - £300 delivered

I've been doing a decent amount looking about , would you be able to comment on the following (and confirm if they are available for delivery, small delay in stock would be no problem)?

Pioneer HTP071

Yamaha YHT196

Onkyo TXSR313 + Pioneer S-HS100

Would there be anything else you would recommend in that kind of price range?

Also do i need to buy cable or do systems come with it?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a 5.1 setup and am looking for your advice.

My Budget is £200 - £300 delivered

I've been doing a decent amount looking about , would you be able to comment on the following (and confirm if they are available for delivery, small delay in stock would be no problem)?

Pioneer HTP071

Yamaha YHT196

Onkyo TXSR313 + Pioneer S-HS100

Would there be anything else you would recommend in that kind of price range?

Also do i need to buy cable or do systems come with it?

Thanks in advance

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Both 3 packs mentioned are pretty good.  The likes of the Pioneer and Yamaha are fairly basic.  Both only use a passive sub, which isn't bad to be fair.  Personally I think its best going for a pack with an active sub if you can.  Will make a good difference to your system.

313 and the Pioneer pack is again pretty basic but perfect if you just want a no frills system.  Pioneer pack comes with an active sub so much nice low end for movies etc.  

I'm going to suggest another Onkyo system.  It's the HTS4505 pack.  This comes in at the top of your budget but you're getting a lot more for it.  For £299.95 you're getting your receiver and 5.1 speaker pack including speaking cable in 1 box.  The amp is great!  USB input for connecting the likes of an Ipod/Iphone into and the sound is great for both cinema and music.  The speakers included are of good quality and also sound great.  No complaints about this pack at all.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts4505/onky-hts4505

Delivery to ROI would be £12.99.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Witnessmenow,

apologies for the awful delay getting back to you!

All of your choices are actually quite good:

The Onkyo TXSR313 is now a finished line for us so unfortunately I can't get that one for you..

The Pioneer HTP071 is actually quite good but I'm not expecting any in until Friday week :(

The Yamaha YHT196 is the best sub £200 option ( by a country mile ) at just £179.95 - I just don't know how the heck they and we can do this quality of system for this price!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht196/yama-yht196

However you have probably missed the best option when it comes to 5.1 Sub / Sat systems - the Onkyo HTS4505 which will (slightly) bust the budget at £299.95 + £12.95 delivery ( £312.90)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts4505/onky-hts4505

This really is an excellent system with £100 off in the sale and the specs and audio quality don't match the price at all!

Again apologies for the delay getting back to you and please drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The phrase waiting for a bus springs to mind :)

Thanks guys for getting back to me.

When I was looking at the systems I knew you would mention 4505, but I said it was out of my budget, and even though pretty much nothing has changed I kind of want it now ... :)

Can you do anything on speaker stands (I guess 4)? I'm in rental accommodation so I dont think I can use brackets. Im looking for the most basic things that will do the job here. Current front runner are these ones from amazon, but if you had something suitable for a similar price I would be happiest to get them all together.

One other question about how to pay? The Euro price on the site is a bit scary, its not that I pay is it?

How about £379.99 for the following:

Onkyo HTS4505:

Peerless SPK510 stands * 4:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/peerless/spk510/peer-spk510-blk

Delivery:

Should all come to £392.80

Boardie (we've kept you waiting and want to make up for it price) is €419.99..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

How about €399.99 for the following:

Onkyo HTS4505:

Peerless SPK510 stands * 4:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/peerless/spk510/peer-spk510-blk

Delivery:

Should all come to £392.80

Boardie (we've kept you waiting and want to make up for it price) is €419.99..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Sounds great John. Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Do I call the store to organise payment or how do I handle that?

Also do you accept Visa Debit? (seems to work like a regular visa) . If not, I assume Mastercard? (I have to do some shuffling of funds for the Mastercard so it would be a few days before I could pay with this)

EDIT: I actually i found and old post, I can pay by bank transfer either, so whatever suits you guys best.

• Advertisement

Sounds great John. Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Do I call the store to organise payment or how do I handle that?

Also do you accept Visa Debit? (seems to work like a regular visa) . If not, I assume Mastercard? (I have to do some shuffling of funds for the Mastercard so it would be a few days before I could pay with this)

EDIT: I actually i found and old post, I can pay by bank transfer either, so whatever suits you guys best.
    WMN,

Thanks again for the post..

If you would like to PM or mail me (sales@richersounds.ie )  your contact details with the product and the deal - I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get it all picked and reserved for you..

On the payment front - we do accept Visa debit in-store but we cannot do remote Visa debit payment unfortunately..

We do of course do Mastercard and Bacs Bank transfer so really we can pretty much fit in with most things - we don't have the margin to take Paypal at the moment but we are working on it as well!

Thanks again and we appreciate the Biz!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

WMN,

Thanks again for the post..

If you would like to PM or mail me (sales@richersounds.ie )  your contact details with the product and the deal - I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get it all picked and reserved for you..

On the payment front - we do accept Visa debit in-store but we cannot do remote Visa debit payment unfortunately..

We do of course do Mastercard and Bacs Bank transfer so really we can pretty much fit in with most things - we don't have the margin to take Paypal at the moment but we are working on it as well!

Thanks again and we appreciate the Biz!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks again John.

Sent a mail through there.

Thanks again John.

Sent a mail through there.
    Thanks - I'll get that popped into reserved for ya!

Thanks again,

John Mc

Received today, many thanks.

Wont get to set up till the weekend, looks amazing any ways! :)

Received today, many thanks.

Wont get to set up till the weekend, looks amazing any ways!
    Thanks again WMN,

See ya soon,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.