Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you'd never part with

• 14-01-2013 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

So i'm one of those people that would trade in games on a regular basis whether it be for cash or credit towards another game

i must admit their are some games that i would never part with

is their any game that you hold close to your heart? that you would never trade in for the simple fact is that you enjoyed it to the max

one game i will probably never part with is Dark Souls

probably the best story game ive ever played and its replay value has just made me keep the game

heres an example
    i have only 3 games right now ( i only ever like have few games at a time)
    thats
    dark souls
    skyrim ( only bought it )
    nba2k13 which i got for christmas

dark souls i bought on day of release
    and have since put in over thousands of hours into it (ima geek)

so if you take into account , i bought dark souls day of release which was when ? 14months ago? i must of bought about 30+ games between then and now
    and have since traded in the 30+ games but have kept that game
    i havnt played it in a little over a week but im already considering trading in nba2k13 for another game rather then dark souls a game which ive already completed to many times to remember.

so lads do any of you's have a game like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mario Allstars on the snes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Do you still have it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

my Final Fantasy collection (V - X inclusive)
    Armoured Core
    Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 & 3
    Diablo II
    Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, plenty of games I look back on now and think I shoudlnt have sold (Guardian Heroes, Skies of Arcadia Legends to name two) but of my collection now, it would have to be Valkyria Chronicles. Reason I bought my PS3 and one of, if not most, enjoyed games this gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I always like having a copy of Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy IV to IX that I can play anytime. The fact that I can do so on handhelds these days is the one thing that impresses me most about modern gaming.

The thing is with most collectable games I have and that I've had is that they're on consoles that I don't have hooked up to my TV. Many of them are available on other consoles or via emulation so I'm nowhere near as hung up on collecting games as I once was. I'd even sell or trade my Terranigma cart for the right price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Final fantasy IX for me. Traded in my gold edition of the windwaker before. Biggest regret ever. Never traded after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Mgs 1 , 2 x3, 3 x2 , mgs acid 1 and 2, mgs4 , mgs peacewalker , mgs portable ops, mgs portable ops plus

persona 3, 4

sonic 1,2,3,colours , generations 3ds, generations ps3 , sonic adventure, sonic heroes

valkyria chronicles 1 and 2

yakuza 1,2,3,4 dead souls

dark souls, demons souls

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

GTA Vice City, haven't loaded it up in ages now that I think of it. A ground breaking game, the soundtrack is awesome.

EDIT. I don't play games as much as I used to, but GTA 5 is imminent, I reckon it's gonna be super special, GTA has a history of raising the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

saiint wrote: »

Given the fact he replied to the thread of "games you would never part with" , it's probably safe to assume - he has never parted with it :P

My Steam account, unlike someone else on this forum who gave theirs away this week :eek: - a single game....hmmm....I think Rockband will have to be kept for its party value , and given that they have kind of stopped making those music/rythm games now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

My C&C collection
    Sonic the Hedgehog on the megadrive
    and my tetris and Super Mario Land cartridges for the original gameboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

great question id go with left 4 dead, pokemon blue and metal gear solid 1

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I very rarely trade in games. Don't want to part with any of them!
    saiint wrote: »

I still have my copy too. I'd never let my classic Mario/Zelda/Metroid games go anywhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maria Whitaker's XMas strip poker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, I don't trade games in and have never actually thrown one out or given any away so in terms of what games would I covet the most?

Half Life: I got the US edition of this when it came out. The box is still in mint condition, all big and embossed with it's massive front flap thing. <3

Battlezone (1998): The first PC game I ever bought with my own money. I still remember the day I got it in Dixons in Jervis Street. It was a toss up between that and the C&C boxset and even though the guy in the store told me to go with C&C, I just couldn't say no to that awesome boxart.

Super Mario Kart: First game I ever bought with my own money. Most hours logged in any game ever. Cause of most rows between my mates and I growing up. Way too many good memories to ever get rid of.

This: Started it all really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

the darkness

super street fighter 4

blops

world at war

dead space

mw2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

First off i never trade in games just because most i buy have replay value and if it doesnt well i really pay full price for lemons.

The couple i would never sell if put to it are;

FF7 - I know the story is weak but it got me into the RPG genre;
    Fallout 3 - I bought the collectors edition and have the bobble head ect;

Only small amount but i have very few games on hardware these days all on steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I hate trading in games. I bought them. I wanted them. I keep them, even if I haven't played them in ages. Even the Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda bundle I got with my Xbox, that I've put maybe 20 minutes on Indiana Jones.

I did trade a couple in for Mortal Kombat when it came out (Gamestop trade 3, buy for 3 job), instantly regretted it.

I did pass on a lot of my PS2 games, most due to wifey harping that I never play them. Miss every one of them. Did hold onto Jurassic Park Genesis. Couldn't pass it on, for reason unknown even to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I hate trading in games. I bought them. I wanted them. I keep them, even if I haven't played them in ages. Even the Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda bundle I got with my Xbox, that I've put maybe 20 minutes on Indiana Jones.

I did trade a couple in for Mortal Kombat when it came out (Gamestop trade 3, buy for 3 job), instantly regretted it.

I did pass on a lot of my PS2 games, most due to wifey harping that I never play them. Miss every one of them. Did hold onto Jurassic Park Genesis. Couldn't pass it on, for reason unknown even to myself.

I got that crap also, i dont know where the wimmin folk get off telling us to reduce or crap. Its like lets go open up your wardrobe and see how many shoes or bags we will trade in.

She was firmly told to get her paws off my **** or else her stuff would get the same treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Counterstrike
    Day of Defeat
    Team Fortress 2.

All three have been on my machine for however long they've been around. When I'm bored of whatever game I have on the go I'm highly likely to drop into DoD avalanche map or 2fort on TF2...

The game that started an obsession.

I still have my 1992 EA US Navy Fighters PC game.

As I sit in the departures lounge waiting to start my airport job, I still can't see myself parting with it.

Edit: Though if we're in about games we'd never trade in, I still have Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Gran Turismo 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am a steam addict so hoarding is in my blood. I don't know if I could part with any of my games. I got good few Xbox/ps3 ges, but I am not going to part with it, even if I haven't played on those consoles for more then 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Formula 1 97
    I just love that game

.... Ok I'll get my coat .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If it had to be one, I'd pick Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, but any of the Civ series would do.

If I could pick 3, it'd be one from Oblivion or Skyrim, and one of the Total War series, likely Medieval 2.

Though I may have misinterpreted the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Double Dragon for Mega drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Golden Cartridge Zelda for NES.

Best Game Ever

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I spent most of the 80's and 90's selling and swapping games, no longer I say!
    Well, only recent releases, stuff that I have completed and are still worth a few bob on trade, the rest is safe in the collection.
    That said, I still have Steel Battalion up there for sale, as with Ibara also, going to take them down, the monetary madness of Chrimbo over and I'd never forgive myself for selling them.

One game I'd never part with would be the likes of Ico, SotC, Wipeout 2097, Super Mario World, MSR, Nights, Super Mario 64, ah feck it, the whole collection..... barring Rise of the Robots, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe, they can die in a hole, a hole filled with fire!

Zelda on the Nes?
    Best game ever?
    If you had said Zelda: LttP I'd have said, hell yes, if you'd said OoT you may still have had a point but I wouldn't even suggest Zelda is the best game on the Nes, for that I'd recommend SMB3 or Megaman 2, or perhaps something like Gradius 2 or Kirby.
    Sure Zelda is important but you can't suggest it's the best game ever, can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Formula 1
    Medal of Honor
    Medal of Honor Underground
    NHL 96

Not that they'd have much trade in value if I brought them to GameStop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Zelda on the Nes?
    Best game ever?
    If you had said Zelda: LttP I'd have said, hell yes, if you'd said OoT you may still have had a point but I wouldn't even suggest Zelda is the best game on the Nes, for that I'd recommend SMB3 or Megaman 2, or perhaps something like Gradius 2 or Kirby.
    Sure Zelda is important but you can't suggest it's the best game ever, can you?

In terms of setting a new standard yes.

While it may not be the best game, or even the best Zelda in the series, when I was a kid I was blown away by the game.
    I literally got a solid 5 years out of that one cartridge, which at this stage has lost most of its gold paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

for me, it'll be Deus Ex and JKII Jedi Outcast. i plan to be buried with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dpaulod

I still have and from time to time play Early Id games

from doom 1 to quake 4 including revensoft spin off's and add on packs.:D
    Cannot get Sin to run on windows 7 x64.:confused:

Advertisement