Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you'd never part with

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Metal Gear Solid, that's a game Ill always have to have. Id love to get another copy of it tho, my ones is in bits, not sure if it even works anymore, gave someone a loan of it a few years ago and got it back in about five pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Kotor & Kotor 2. I know they probably pale in comparisson to some of today's RPG's but i will never part with them, nicely tucked away in my BC xbox stack. And i just acquired them both again on Steam so happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My Legacy of Kain Series. They won't even be able to pry them out of my cold, dead hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Could never part with Silent Hill 1-The Room, FFVII, Virtual On, Links Awakening, or Tomb Raider

Biggest selling regret is probably Broken Sword 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Kotor & Kotor 2. I know they probably pale in comparisson to some of today's RPG's but i will never part with them, nicely tucked away in my BC xbox stack. And i just acquired them both again on Steam so happy days

I've just started playing them! got the collection box for PC a month ago and on my first play through (Just arrived at the star forge). As a JK fan, i love the inclusion of Korriban :D

*it's weird playing this after Mass Effect and seeing all the similarities

**Sorry for going off topic...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I wouldn't part with any of my games to be honest. Never sold them or traded them (unless I was selling a complete system and I haven't done that since the megadrive days).

The one game I'd hate to lose would be my DC copy of Samba De Amigo which I bought from Dreamarena (when it was up and running). Given the size of the box I would imagine it would be hard to misplace:D

Also my two copies of Skies of Arcadia, the GC version more so (Legends) as I think that one might be a bit harder to come by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I've just started playing them! got the collection box for PC a month ago and on my first play through (Just arrived at the star forge). As a JK fan, i love the inclusion of Korriban :D

*it's weird playing this after Mass Effect and seeing all the similarities

**Sorry for going off topic...
    From what I can see Jade Empire (also by Bioware) has quite a few similarities to KOTOR too.

OT: I've never sold or traded a game in my life (I lost Doom 3 but I can live with that), but the one game that'll be buried with me is System Shock 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Vagrant Story isn't going anywhere. I'd be terrified that I'd never find it again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I have kept FFVII and FFIX - i think they will be worth a bit in a few years (10 to 15) also have bubble bobble and barbarian on tape for the C64, bubble bobble was the first game I ever bet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Assassin's Creed. Just for its sheer beauty on the PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3.

Probably the only games that I've completed multiple times, aside from MGS. ME1 is actually quite boring, gameplay-wise, but it's part of the set so it stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I tend to find myself gaming just behind new releases. I'm only starting on the new xcom now for example and so I don't trade my games in as they tend to be worth sweet FA by that time. It means that I tend to game for around the same total outlay as people who trade in their new games.

With that said, there are two older games still specifically cared for in my collection because of the memories of multiplayer gaming as a kid/teen, first, my jap copy of Toe Jam and Earl for the megadrive still connected to the adapter that I bought up the north on a market 3 games for 5 pounds, I picked the games at random and the other two sucked, and second, Team Buddies, 4 player split screen mayhem.

Advertisement