Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clane - Eircom Broadband probs Kildare

• 15-01-2013 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone having ongoing problems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I'm in Meath and have been having problems all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 roadrage73

Mine hasn't worked since Friday 11th, reset box but no joy. Wondering if there is a general problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

roadrage73 wrote: »
    Mine hasn't worked since Friday 11th, reset box but no joy. Wondering if there is a general problem?

Hi Roadrage73.

If you are in Clane village then UPC is available to you. If not there are alternative options to Eircom in the form of fixed wireless (Imagine Wimax, Ripplecom or Digiweb Metro). These offer better speeds that Eircom DSL and in some cases are cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Would anyone happen to know which of those wireless providers might have the strongest signal on the Prosperous Road side of Clane?

I've a relative there that's very frustrated with the off-on-off-on performance of eircom ADSL there, and would like to get away.

Recommendations welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi

It depends where on the Prosperous Road they live. As mentioned in an earlier posting if they are in the village then see if UPC is available to them. For a wireless ISP try Imagine (Wimax) or Digiweb (Metro) if UPC is not an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement