Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student rankings?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Is it true that every course ranks its students from first to last based on their GPA and that this "rankings table" is on display in the program office (or wherever students can peruse them) or am I being lied to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

This sounds like a huge fib...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

In Trinity they keep the list in the secret bar where they serve the port and stout from when students ask for it during exams. It's on the wall next to the fellows' swords and the marbles they play with on front square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

They only ever give you your ranking if you need it as part of a post grad application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

They won't even give it to you then. There's been a few people on here over the years who said they tried to get theirs for American college applications and other things and the college wouldn't give it to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I got them last year for my IRCSET application. They stressed that I should only use it for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 L3v1athan

Would they give your ranking to a university that you are applying for if they look for a recommendation?

Advertisement