Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats best value pay as you go nokia for around 200e?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Looking to get new nokia phone for around 150-200e
    would prefer meteor network
    theres not much available?
    the lumina 800 is out of stock everywhere

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sc86 wrote: »

any help?

Buy online sim free for about €200 delivered. if you want to switch from meteor then you can at a later date without having to unlock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-Lumia-800-Smartphone-MatteBlack/dp/B0065VOIB0

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

the lumia 620 will be coming out within the next 2 months i'd say. should be around 200, and has new windows 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Wait for the Lumia 620, don't buy any of the current nokia's as they won't be upgraded to version 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

need it in the next week or 2 so cant really wait 2 months

il probably have it lost/broke by then anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Get the cheaper of the nokias then. For the money it thumbs the lard out of andriod phones. And if you like Facebook you'll love it. Total integration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Toyota 1976

i have a nokia Lumina 800 it is okay not great though Nokia have made far better ones turns it self on when it is off while charging alarm wont go off when the phone is off it needs to be on for the alarm to go on ??? battery poor at best two days with little or no use had to pay for a cover 420 new ? can get them for 160 new now from vodafone on internet but it could have been a christmas offer then i heard the the NCA or some agency like that we getting annoyed about the price of the phone, as they were 420 then 300 and now around 160 they are not meant to be selling at all I phone selling 5 to one on lumina it is ok but Only ok nothing geat about it or brillant about very avaerage try other one in youjr phone asearch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

i have a nokia Lumina 800 it is okay not great though Nokia have made far better ones turns it self on when it is off while charging alarm wont go off when the phone is off it needs to be on for the alarm to go on ??? battery poor at best two days with little or no use had to pay for a cover 420 new ? can get them for 160 new now from vodafone on internet but it could have been a christmas offer then i heard the the NCA or some agency like that we getting annoyed about the price of the phone, as they were 420 then 300 and now around 160 they are not meant to be selling at all I phone selling 5 to one on lumina it is ok but Only ok nothing geat about it or brillant about very avaerage try other one in youjr phone asearch

That was hard to read.

Battery on 800 - 2 days is a good result for a smartphone.
    Pricing - it is to seller / service provider to sell at the price they want to. I bought a laptop 3 years ago for €500, should I complain it is worth only €100 now?

It is a good phone, if you don't want / can't wait and you can afford it take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toyota 1976

It is okay i meant 5 out of 10 average, nothing great about it and nothing brillant about it the battery issue is a problem is it is called battery memory if you charge it say every 16 -18hours the battery will or should "develop a memory " that will will get a charge every 16- 18 hours , but you can overide it if when possible to charge it when the battery is very low or run it down as low as possible that way you should be able to "extend it memory charge" that is why when you can only charge them when it is low I phones can play about 12,000 hours of music but the charge/ discharge cycle will last about 10,000 hours big difference there i phone not so great or smartphone ? could get into the science of it these smartphones are great but most people dont see the science behind it, personally myself i would not buy a I phone for a number of reasons one they dont treat there workers properly in china, the wont recongise another phone or charger say someelse that you may borrow some do some dont you have to buy antoher one more money for apple there empolyess in cork ireland for one matter always extend there contract month on month off for years, could be hear for the night about it but... the nokia is ok but there is far better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It is okay i meant 5 out of 10 average, nothing great about it and nothing brillant about it the battery issue is a problem is it is called battery memory if you charge it say every 16 -18hours the battery will or should "develop a memory " that will will get a charge every 16- 18 hours , but you can overide it if when possible to charge it when the battery is very low or run it down as low as possible that way you should be able to "extend it memory charge" that is why when you can only charge them when it is low I phones can play about 12,000 hours of music but the charge/ discharge cycle will last about 10,000 hours big difference there i phone not so great or smartphone ? could get into the science of it these smartphones are great but most people dont see the science behind it, personally myself i would not buy a I phone for a number of reasons one they dont treat there workers properly in china, the wont recongise another phone or charger say someelse that you may borrow some do some dont you have to buy antoher one more money for apple there empolyess in cork ireland for one matter always extend there contract month on month off for years, could be hear for the night about it but... the nokia is ok but there is far better

This is a full stop - "."
    This is a capital letter - "T"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You could consider a Huawei G330. It delivers the same spec as the Lumia 620 but is much cheaper. Long running thread on it below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056820360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

sc86 wrote: »
    Looking to get new nokia phone for around 150-200e
    would prefer meteor network
    theres not much available?

any help?

Voda have them on pay as you go for 200 :

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/nokia-lumia-800-black

Advertisement