Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using an ego battery with a T2 and find the 'draw' a bit tough some times?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I noticed that sometimes I have issues with the draw from my T2 on my ego battery. Sometimes it's too tough, you really have to pull on it to get a pull and some decent vape. Thought I'd investigate a bit and can see that I have the T2 screwed on too tightly. The airholes at the bottom of the T2 are getting blocked by the battery. Just a small twist back, so it's still on, but not tight, and the vape pours out of it now.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Try trimming the wicks and check the way they are positioned in the tank,they could be blocking the airflow a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Thanks for the tip, but it was more of a 'public announcement' type post. Just for anyone searching the forums having issues with the draw on a T2.

Actually maybe I've just got dud T2s, why the feck would the airholes be on the thread...

Pics to show the problem:

MJlSz.jpg
    CGVux.jpg

Has anyone another T2 for comparison?

If the holes where up another milimeter or two, the draw would be fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

just seeing this now, ill check my t2's when I'm home and see if they're the same

Thanks Grindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The airholes on mine are in the same position, 2nd & 3rd thread so it would seem not over-tightening is the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jamie72 wrote: »
    Thanks Grindle.

You're very welcome.

Seems a very odd place to put them.

If anyone has a second, try a T2 screwed on nice and tight, and then try it loose. The difference is unreal.

(Talking about ego batterys here, not sure about other types.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just tried it there myself, get the same thing with a t3 aswell. Loosening slightly works great.

I was reading a post a few days ago from someone who wanted to move away from T2s because he was finding the draw too inconsistent. Wish I could find the thread to tell him this. I suspect plenty of people are having this issue and are thinking the T2 is faulty/crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I actually prefer the tighter draw with it screwed on fully. Another cause of a very tight draw and a bit of gurgling to boot, is when some liquid gets down the centre post. Unscrewing the T2 and sticking the bottom in your gob and blowing only seems to cure it for a few more draws before its back. However, if your liquid level is below the atomiser head joint, one can screw off the atomiser, hold a bit of tissue over the top and holding it upright blow through the bottom. All the liquid stuck in the centre post gets blown up and out onto the tissue. Atomiser head back on and drip tip back on and back to vaping without gurgling or tight draw till the next full clean...without having to empty the tank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement