Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

over 35 help

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

ok guys heres the info

i am 38yr old with an 18yr old son, have over 15 years accounts/office experience with a excellent working knowledge of excel, word, access, powerpoint etc

am also a beauty therapist with massage, reflexology, skincare, makeup qualifications gained in the last 3 yrs and have my own beauty business for the last 18mths.

anyway fed up trying to find work in either area, so am wondering should i go?

however over the age for the iec visa, and as my "trade" isn't carpentry etc am really wondering where to start.

there are plenty of accounts/admin work on the job sites but how do i get to canada to apply for them?

have spent the last two weeks reading loads of forums, facebook etc etc and am overwhelmed with the info.

am considering saskatoon or alberta at the moment. any advice would be great. there is an expo on in feb and march here so will be attending, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Over 35's can get in on one of the provincial programmes, and there may be other ways too. However there are usually a list of proscribed skills/qualifications that are in demand. It's a bit confusing as there is a lot of info, but have a look at this, regarding the SINP - Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/skilled
    It might give you an idea. I can see categories of both admin & beautician work listed, but you would need to research it properly.

HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Have a look at this blog

http://movingtosaskatoon.wordpress.com/

It describe the journey of an Irish family who moved to Saskatoon last year. It does not seem to go into much detail about the visa process but maybe the author could give you some advice? Either way it is very witty and well written.

Wish I could go!!

Advertisement