Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I transfer to Ulster Bank from BOI account online?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello,

I have set up online to transfer funds from my BOI account to  an Ulster Bank account which I must do in the coming days. I am just wondering if that is possible? I am just wondering as I was unable to transfer funds from my account to the Ulster Bank account in a Dublin BOI branch recently.

If I am unclear with my question please ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi tomob666,

Thanks for your query. We're happy to hear that you've registered for our Banking365 Online and Telephone service. You should have no problems transferring funds to an Ulster Bank account. However, you will need to set up the receiving account as a payee first.

When you set up the payee account, you will be issued out with an activation code that you'll have to enter before you can make payments to the account. Activation codes can be sent in one of two ways. You can receive them by post or, if you have registered your mobile phone for the service, by SMS text message. Please note: Activation codes sent by post will take 3-5 working days to be received.

If you haven't yet registered your mobile phone to receive activation codes, you may want to consider it. It can speed up the process of adding payees, as activation codes can be issued almost instantly, and is necessary for some of the other services that we provide. For example, you'll need to have your mobile phone registered to sign up for eStatements and our upcoming Pay to Mobile facility. When you register your mobile phone, the initial code for activating it will be sent to you in the post.

I hope this helps. if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement