Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECS

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know anything about ECS graphics cards?

good or bad?

might have to get one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitegroup_Computer_Systems

first i heard of them. I'd lean more towards long-standing reference card remanufacturers like EVGA or BFG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Overheal wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitegroup_Computer_Systems

first i heard of them. I'd lean more towards long-standing reference card remanufacturers like EVGA or BFG

id like to but cant find a new gts 250 in any other brand

a gts 250 is my only upgrade option for this pc

maybe someone can help me find one?

i have tried though

a gts 250 is my only upgrade option for this pc
    Why is that?

well i have a gts240 in there now and i cant go any better than a gts250 because of power consumption and i dont want to get a new power supply

im also gonna have to mod the inside of the case to fit it in,its a dell e520

GTS250 requires a 450W psu. Presumably, you have a 450W psu. This is the same power requirement of most high-end cards, incl. the newer and higher series GTX 660

• Advertisement

i have a 480 watt psu

would you say a GTX 660 would definitely work in a dell e520? im not so sure

is there any reasons why it wouldnt?

ill have to mod the case and fan shroud for it to fit in too

i have a 480 watt psu

would you say a GTX 660 would definitely work in a dell e520? im not so sure

is there any reasons why it wouldnt?

ill have to mod the case and fan shroud for it to fit in too
    Card size would be your primary concern yes. a 660 is going to be in most cases a 12" long, 2-slot wide card.

From a power perspective you just need to make sure you have 2 6-pin connectors. Your card would already be using 1, so look for a spare coming out of the psu.

yeah i have two 6 pin connectors

isnt the 660 9.5 inches?

the one i have at the moment is 9 inches so should be ok but i really need to be certain that itll work before i buy

yeah i have two 6 pin connectors

isnt the 660 9.5 inches?

the one i have at the moment is 9 inches so should be ok but i really need to be certain that itll work before i buy
    I didnt actually check, and it depends on the card vendor. Most will put a huge cooling unit on those cards, but it depends. Youd want to read the specsheet of whichever SKU you plan to buy.

It will work, your power supply supports it and your board supports at least PCI Express 2.0 presumably, you should have a blast.

thanks man ill have a look into it

if it dont work it can be the start of an upgrade :)

thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement