Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Font issue

Options
  • 15-01-2013 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Please be so kind and help if you can, as I am at tearing out hair stage with this issue and am a newbie with Excel.

I have been sent two EXCEL documents and told that the font on one is not compatible with the recipient's system. They have sent an EXCEL Doc with two colums of data and have asked if I can copy and paste the contents of each cell onto the other document, so that it will be returned in a compatible font.
    As there are 1000 rows of data, it will take me a long time to do this, as I have to search their dock for film titles to correspond to the original document as they are not in the same order.I also have to delete the old data in each cell as I go along.
    Is there a way to find out which font and and text size was used on their document and then go to ours and use the same font, then highlight and it will change all the way down.
    I am sure I am not explaining this in an easy to understand manner, but if anyone can shed any light on a way to help I would be so grateful, as I have been given a deadline. I was also told that copy and pasting was the only way to get this document in the exact font required by this company, who I think are in Dubai. I find it hard to accept that there is not a quicker way of doing this and I have nobody I can even show the document to, only those who would require payment.If you have any suggestions, please keep them in very simple easy to follow instructions please.
    Thank you sincerely in advance if you can assist with this.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Would they not accept it in pdf format?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

No, it has to be just as it is in the Excel doc they sent. I clicked on the top of that page to find the font used for that doc and then I used the same font for the doc that needs amending and although it looked perfect at first, when I compare the text side by side, theirs did seem different, although I do not understand how that could be possible. Can that be the case I wonder.

In the meantime I continue to copy and paste and am on 200 now with a painful wrist and cross eyed, but I must soldier on I guess.

Many thanks again for your response and efforts to help me. Very appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Microsoft have a compatibility pack you can just download here
    Well the other person will have to download and install it! That should fix it on their end :D

Advertisement