Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sale

Options
  • 15-01-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Neighbour of mine who lives in the USA,has a house for sale I think I may have a customer for it , I am not an auctioneer but could I approach the seller with a proposal that I would get commission from the sale if it went through ,could this be done by a Solicator with some form of contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

why would they pay you commission.

if they have hired an EA they will have to pay them commission regardless of where the buyer comes from there is no reason for them to pay twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Corolla76

They don't have a EA just a private sale and I have always looked after everything regarding the house

Corolla76 wrote: »
    They don't have a EA just a private sale and I have always looked after everything regarding the house

They are based in the US and are selling privately ? That doesnt make sense. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Corolla76

Getting away from that for a second is the contract I am talking about for commission .Is it possible ?

Corolla76 wrote: »
    Getting away from that for a second is the contract I am talking about for commission .Is it possible ?

yeah its possible. It would be taxable revenue but Im sure you know that.

Still doesnt make sense to me though. How do you sell privately from thousands of miles away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm thinking the OP looks after the house for the owners who rent it out, and the OP has now gotten someone who wants to buy it. OP; do you know how much the owners have left to pay on their mortgage, versus the price being offered?

Advertisement