Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to eat in Portlaoise.

Options
  • 15-01-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I know it was on boards before but that was 2010. I will be in Portlaoise on Friday night and I am looking for somewhere good to eat. Nothing fancy but a good steak or even just a good quality roast evening meal.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

bigjohn66 wrote: »
    I know it was on boards before but that was 2010. I will be in Portlaoise on Friday night and I am looking for somewhere good to eat. Nothing fancy but a good steak or even just a good quality roast evening meal.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Kelly's Foundry is your best bet in terms of a choice of steaks. Good pub grub in Egans but not sure when they serve till. Seasons is a little bit pricier but a lovely restaurant. Royal Tycoon is the best Chinese IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Kellys is your best bet for a good steak but its not cheap. Relish on main st does lovely food too but there are loads of choices. One thing we're not short of are places to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Never shy of an auld Kebab from ZamZams either are ya Vai!

pclancy wrote: »
    Never shy of an auld Kebab from ZamZams either are ya Vai!

Mainly when drunk....mainly. Whats the NZ equivalent of Zam Zam Clancy? Send us over an aul sample there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    O/T but i thought Laois kebab house are the best for alcohol fueled kebab cravings? :P

Depends which version of Zam Zam you get :D Neither are particularly good though. Zaytoon in Temple Bar is the place to properly satisfy kebab cravings! Its ruined all other kebabs for me.

+1 for O'Gormans, really good food up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

A taste of Italy is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jecca1

A taste of Italy is excellent

We went there a while ago and it was bearly adequate. Ok for a big group wanting to chat but service was terrible and food was just about ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

Mayur or the Indian prince are both fantastic Indian restaurants. Seasons, Spago and relish are also delish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement