Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League XI

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

TheDoc wrote: »
    This thread lost instant credability when it started off

And not one team on the first page has Scholes in it.....

Based on current ability. Do you think Scholes still has the attributes to be classed as one of the top Premier League midfielders? I don't know if he's the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Morzadec wrote: »
    Based on current ability. Do you think Scholes still has the attributes to be classed as one of the top Premier League midfielders? I don't know if he's the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago

Totally agree. Might as well put Jamie Carragher and Ryan Giggs in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Luiz has played about 4 games in cm how in the name of god could he be in the team for this year or even if talking about ability.
    Most teams have only played two games this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bullvine wrote: »
    Cech hasn't been the same since 2006. Reina is still a quality keeper whose form could return. Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes are all past their best and will not get back to anywhere near what they were in their prime.

Cech has come back into some form lately. Reina has been poor for a few years now. I don't see your point. Cech at his best was better than Reina at his best. On current form none of them have been as good as Begovic.

Vidic has barely featured in over a season how have you got him in your team if your discouting Lampard, Gerrard ad Scholes and imo Gerrard has been better than Wilshere this season.

Cech has come back into some form lately. Reina has been poor for a few years now. I don't see your point. Cech at his best was better than Reina at his best. On current form none of them have been as good as Begovic.

My point is thats it based on pure ability, I'm not sure the very best that Cech was, was better than Reina. He was the best keeper in the league for at least 4 years with the exception of maybe Van Der Sar at the time. Cech hasn't been since he was playing under Mourinho. Reina could easily get back to being the very top keeper. I don't think Cech will ever get back to what he was before he had that head injury.

Vidic has barely featured in over a season how have you got him in your team if your discouting Lampard, Gerrard ad Scholes and imo Gerrard has been better than Wilshere this season.

Honestly, did you not read the original post? Its not based on this season alone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris
    Walker--Vertongen--Kompany--Cole
    Sandro---Fellaini

Mata---Rooney---Bale

Van Persie

Slight (maybe more than slight :P) Spurs bias though. Might replace Walker, as he's not been as good this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bullvine wrote: »
    Honestly, did you not read the original post? Its not based on this season alone.

So why is Wilshere in your team?

So why is Wilshere in your team?

Because its based on talent/ability, there's a distinct lack of quality midfielders in the premier league that can play in the center. Fellaini is very good player but he plays the Yaya Toure role. I like Sandro but I think Wilshere is a better player than either of them. He was in the PFA team of the year when he was 19, hes absolutely class I tells ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

- - - - - - - - Cech - - - - - - - -

- - Evans - Kompany - Agger - -

- - - - - - - Fellaini - - - - - - - -
    - - - Arteta - - - - Dembele - - -

Mata - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bale
    - - - - - - - - Suarez - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - Van Persie - - - - - -

Hard done by...
    Begovic
    Jagielka
    Shawcross
    Gerrard
    Cazorla
    Hazard
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Doni
    Bebe x10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Actually, i've changed my mind :pac:

John O'Shea
    John O'Shea--John O'Shea--John O'Shea--John O'Shea
    John O'Shea---John O'Shea

John O'Shea---John O'Shea---John O'Shea

John O'Shea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Luiz has played about 4 games in cm how in the name of god could he be in the team for this year or even if talking about ability.

Well lucky for you he's in my team not your's.

Luiz has been a revelation since being moved into cm, he' great at breaking up play & very good going forward, he also brings a lot of energy into the Chelsea midfield. for that reason he's earned a place in my team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    - - - - - - - - Cech - - - - - - - -

- - Evans - Kompany - Agger - -

- - - - - - - Fellaini - - - - - - - -
    - - - Arteta - - - - Dembele - - -

Mata - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bale
    - - - - - - - - Suarez - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - Van Persie - - - - - -

Hard done by...
    Begovic
    Jagielka
    Shawcross
    Gerrard
    Cazorla
    Hazard
    Rooney

Fellani plays about 50 yards up the field from there, Arteta has played as a DM since he went to Arsenal and I can think of at least 6 better CM that him or Dembele (3 of them are on your bench btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fellani plays about 50 yards up the field from there, Arteta has played as a DM since he went to Arsenal and I can think of at least 6 better CM that him or Dembele (3 of them are on your bench btw)

Arteta has been more of a DM this season but not so much last season. I wouldn't class Cazorla or Hazard as CM's and Gerrard probably isn't better than them either any more. (assuming that's the three you mean.

The CM's in this team should be chosen from any out of Toure/ Wilshere/ Fellaini/ Carrick imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

True about Arteta

The reason Fellaini is being played behind the striker is due to Everton's squad limitations. He has even said himself, he prefer's a DM role...

Dembele is a class act. 3 CM on the bench? Gerrard is the only half one I can see, yet his preferred role is behind the striker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Three years later people still put Yaya down as a defensive midfielder, come on lads :o
    He is probably the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League even though he plays box to box.

Everybody thats picking a team is trying to fit players in and make the formation look organised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why is Scholes their maybe if it was last season but he is barely featured this season and has been poor when played. Also i think you have Suarez and RVP in the wrong positions. RVP is more lethal and would be wasted deeper. Suarez is better suited to dropping deeper than RVP.

The thread says it's not about form but ability and Scholes is the finest midfielder of his type in the league. United are still pretty dodgy at controlling matches when he hasn't been there. I'd be surprised if he is not playing against Madrid.

As for the forwards, I think Van Persie is by far the more intelligent player so I'd be more comfortable with him being the deeper of the two. It could work effectively the other way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wilshere showed tonight why he is in many people's teams here. Absolutely top drawer player. Give's it everything.

Advertisement