Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IT Cert Training in Dublin, specifically VMWare

• 15-01-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get some VMWare training in Dublin, the 5 day "VMware® vSphere Install, Configure, Manage v5.1"

I'm familiar with New Horizons and Sure skills etc, but I don't know if any of them are significantly better than the other ones. Anyone have any recommendations for particular companies or trainers they might make?

thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I think a course stands and falls with the trainer. Try to find out who is going to present the course and post a name so people can give their opinions.

I did VMware training with SureSkills some years back. The trainer was excellent and has since moved on to a different company/role. I personally would do training almost anywhere else before going back to SureSkills due to an unrelated matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Did VMware in sureskills a few years ago, trainer was excellent, his Name was Andrew something

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Did VMware in sureskills a few years ago, trainer was excellent, his Name was Andrew something

I had Andrew as well, excellent trainer. He left the company some time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

Ok! I'll try and track him down. If anyone could chip in with this surname, that would be pretty sweet.

DonRosco wrote: »
    Ok! I'll try and track him down. If anyone could chip in with this surname, that would be pretty sweet.

I know where he works now and you won't be able to get training off him. Won't post his new employer because that would violate his privacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

Fair enough so, thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

DonRosco wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking to get some VMWare training in Dublin, the 5 day "VMware® vSphere Install, Configure, Manage v5.1"

I'm familiar with New Horizons and Sure skills etc, but I don't know if any of them are significantly better than the other ones. Anyone have any recommendations for particular companies or trainers they might make?

thanks!!

Just wondering what you decided to do in the end. I'm looking to start some VMware training myself and would be interested to hear how you got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Get your Self

CBT Nuggets VCP 5
    Train Signal VCP 5
    Train Signal Trouble Shooting Vmware 5.1

and save your 2k.. rumor has it that Vmware are taking the requirements of a class room based learning off their exam request.

if you have a powerful enough Computer, you could go away and Install
    workstation 10 inside that install 2 ESXi Servers and 2 Windows 2008 Servers

and follow along with the Training Course. If you do a google Search im sure you will find the Lab Manuals of the 5.1 Course and the Lab Module Slides.

The exam itself is for most of the part is off-topic.. so if you want to brain dump as well i sure you could Google that aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Cork24 wrote: »

Get your Self ...

.... rumor has it that Vmware are taking the requirements of a class room based learning off their exam request.

The exam itself is for most of the part is off-topic.. so if you want to brain dump as well i sure you could Google that aswell.

Don't think so...never ever brain dumps with VMware...and once classroom removed...bye bye value of certs...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Cork24 wrote: »
    if you want to brain dump as well i sure you could Google that aswell.

Ahhh braindumps, the fast track into a role you have insufficient knowledge or experience to perform.

• Advertisement

Don't think so...never ever brain dumps with VMware...and once classroom removed...bye bye value of certs...

mcsa is still very we'll valued as a cert,
    so is Lpic-101 and 102 and they are self study for most of the part,

Graham wrote: »
    Ahhh braindumps, the fast track into a role you have insufficient knowledge or experience to perform.

I have no problem with brain dumps once people have study and learned the course, and understand fully what is what and what does what,

What I have a problem with is people solo using brain dumps, then again brain dumps alone won't help you pass the VCP or MCSA server 2012.

once you have the VCP the VCP-view course can be taken as a self study infact every thing in VMware but the VCP 5.1 can be taken self study you can do the exam for VCP 5.1 but won't get the cert till you take the class,

CBT nuggets have 1 video on VCP and train signal have 3 master VCP what's new in VCP 5.1 an trouble shooting VCP 5.1

If you put the time into those 4 videos that should take you about 6 months to study them study the student lab manual you can get over the net, you would have learned more then what you will learn in the class room

I have found this to be the case with the CCNA course I learned more watching CCENT 1 & 2 from cbt then in the class room. I went over all the VCP videos and you do learn a lot

op I would if I was you get your hand on them watch them, get some time with the whole VMware program then maybe take the class room course along with the exam

But then again I'll hold on for a while as they are bring out 5.5 which if you do the course a lot of places are offering only the 5.0 so to get your 5.5 you would need to resit a new exam, people on the 3.5 or 4 have to redo the whole class room based study again which I find a joke

Advertisement