Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft site in Galway

• 15-01-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I was recently discussing on another thread an Airsoft site for Galway, there was a post from hipsterHunter (I'm sure you don't mind me mentioning you by name :D) regarding getting a site up and running and was looking for an idea of numbers of people who would be interested and possibly any suggestions for possible locations etc, well I would like to start something similar again in this thread (as the other was closed down due to people talking about skirmishing illegally) but right from the off would kindly ask anyone who is thinking about skirmishing illegally i.e not on a registered Airsoft site, where AEG'S (RIF'S) are chrono'd etc and you are thinking of using this thread to ask others too do the same, please don't! it just gets the thread closed and causes a set back in getting this off the ground, please keep comments on the subject of an official site:)

With all that out of the way there seemed to be a decent response to the last thread about this, and that in itself is very encouraging, I know hipsterHunter is putting some details together as we speak but could i ask anyone who would like to see a site in Galway, post a response on this thread or anyone who was a member of G-Tac who could offer any advice or information about running, locating or anything else to do with a site post on this thread.

Depending on the response to this post I would see a good way forward could eventually be to get people together and have a chat and a pint about things, possibly look at forming a new club/team? anyway post away.

cheers

TFNG:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Very interested in supporting a good official site in Galway. I did play in GTAC which had a good outdoor site in Portumna. Would be great to meet up face to face in Galway to do some planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Would definitely support a site here in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HipsterHunter

TFNG wrote: »
    I was recently discussing on another thread an Airsoft site for Galway, there was a post from hipsterHunter (I'm sure you don't mind me mentioning you by name :D) regarding getting a site up and running and was looking for an idea of numbers of people who would be interested and possibly any suggestions for possible locations etc, well I would like to start something similar again in this thread (as the other was closed down due to people talking about skirmishing illegally) but right from the off would kindly ask anyone who is thinking about skirmishing illegally i.e not on a registered Airsoft site, where AEG'S (RIF'S) are chrono'd etc and you are thinking of using this thread to ask others too do the same, please don't! it just gets the thread closed and causes a set back in getting this off the ground, please keep comments on the subject of an official site:)

With all that out of the way there seemed to be a decent response to the last thread about this, and that in itself is very encouraging, I know hipsterHunter is putting some details together as we speak but could i ask anyone who would like to see a site in Galway, post a response on this thread or anyone who was a member of G-Tac who could offer any advice or information about running, locating or anything else to do with a site post on this thread.

Depending on the response to this post I would see a good way forward could eventually be to get people together and have a chat and a pint about things, possibly look at forming a new club/team? anyway post away.

cheers

Sorry guys I have been busy with work for the last week haven't been keeping up to date with the situation on the boards here . But basically down to business it would be a great idea to meet during the week next week perhaps and have a chat Id love to hear what you guys have to say on the whole situation . As of yet I've been looking at sites online in and around galway and I've come up with nothing so far everywhere I look the rent is just to ridiculous to have a proper site run on it I would have to be loaded before it even starts , but this is a small factor there are a lot if other avenues to look at and this is where you guys come in . A chat and a pint sounds good TFNG so if you guys are up for that I'm free next Thursday and Friday it would be great to touch base and just go over some stuff . Anyways if your up for that then give me a pm or a call I can send on my number . Thanks for starting the new thread aswell dude great idea . All the best guys

HH

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TFNG

yep sounds like a good plan, but i think I am away next week in the UK, depends on flights an weather at this point in time, I will let ya all know the story later this week. Yep its a shame about the rent situation, so was thinking along another line, Galway CC have a comittment to helping clubs and recreational organisations get off the ground and part of this is the land that they own being used by thiose clubs, i know this as i was part of another club in Galway that required a piece of land (RC cars) and we looked into this with them. Maybe a quick call or email to the right place could also open up another avenue???
    Sorry guys I have been busy with work for the last week haven't been keeping up to date with the situation on the boards here . But basically down to business it would be a great idea to meet during the week next week perhaps and have a chat Id love to hear what you guys have to say on the whole situation . As of yet I've been looking at sites online in and around galway and I've come up with nothing so far everywhere I look the rent is just to ridiculous to have a proper site run on it I would have to be loaded before it even starts , but this is a small factor there are a lot if other avenues to look at and this is where you guys come in . A chat and a pint sounds good TFNG so if you guys are up for that I'm free next Thursday and Friday it would be great to touch base and just go over some stuff . Anyways if your up for that then give me a pm or a call I can send on my number . Thanks for starting the new thread aswell dude great idea . All the best guys

HH

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adriangalway

I am sorry for talking about skirmishing illegally in the last thread. It was my fault that they closed it. But anyway if any site gets opened in Galway let me know please i would be looking forward to support the site.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Aidriangalway thanks for the post, and thanks for your honesty. was just a jip when the mod closed the thread , but never fear were back again, no problem of course when things get sorted out i will let you know, i understand its tough here in galway at the moment with no site close by but hopefully things will be sorted out soon

good to hear from ya keep checking back

Cheers

TFNG

I am sorry for talking about skirmishing illegally in the last thread. It was my fault that they closed it. But anyway if any site gets opened in Galway let me know please i would be looking forward to support the site.
    Thanks.

Hello all

Have a look at the details below from another thread i am following on boards, this post was just in today and quiet frankly is a big boost for the whole project, hipster this should show that there is at least 30+ people in galway looking to skirmish regularly, and there must be more that haven't even come accross this thread on boards yet, things look good for us all as far as im concerned,

Cheers

TFNG
    gaz117 wrote: »
    I have between 10 -15 people who are interested in Playing airsoft in Galway. What need to be done to get airsoft outdoor or indoor airsoft up in running?
    I play Indoor airsoft in Cork once a month but it would be great to have somewhere up here.

Gaz hows things ?

i have started another thread titled 'Airsoft site Galway' in boards, we did have another one going but as you will read if you have a look it got closed by mods cos of illegal skirmishing chat, currently another poster called Hipsterhunter is looking into getting land and a site set up, i also am doing some reserch to help out, stage we are at is Hispterhunter is contacting auctioneers and possibly private landowners and i am looking at the possibility of Galway CC land being used (have a look at the post for more info on this ) anyway 10-15 more people on top of myself and other posters (bout 10+) we are looking at 20-30+ people showing interets possibly more, things are looking good, hope your ok with it but i am gonna add this info to my ongoing thread and see wht the other lads think, also we are all looking at getting together possibly over a pint and talking about getting a new club/team togther, and any other details about the site

Good to hear from ya

TFNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I'd be interested in a site in Galway too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gaz117

I have just seen on the internet that Declan Ganley has paintball site on this home place in Abbeyknockmoy, Co Galway.I know it might sound crazy because who Declan is but it might be worth a try. Maybe whoever runs it for him might interest in airsoft as well as paintball?
    Does anybody live in Abbeyknockmoy, Co Galway?

Hi TFNG,

I am good :)

Thanks for the reply and info.

How are things with you?

• Advertisement

Hi TFNG,

I am good :)

Thanks for the reply and info.

How are things with you?

Im good will have a look into the paintball site and see what's what, pace seems to be picking up regarding a site in Galway lots of interest, glad you made it on to the thread, see you all soon with more info

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BWgekko

GTAC both outdoor and indoor was good!! Was very sad to see it close as it really impacted the amount we got out playing!! We have a small team but we would definently play regularly if there was a site in Galway! Seems to be a good market of newbies that are looking to get into airsoft from a lot of people iv talked to in Galway!

Hi TFNG,

I found out how much the Insurance would cost 5.5K per year. I talk to ower on the airsoft place in Dublin and he told me if we started a club and get 30 -50 people to join and charge a membership fee which could cover the insurance then it could be a start to get some famers around Co Galway to rent from.

Gaz117

Hi TFNG,

I found out how much the Insurance would cost 5.5K per year. I talk to ower on the airsoft place in Dublin and he told me if we started a club and get 30 -50 people to join and charge a membership fee which could cover the insurance then it could be a start to get some famers around Co Galway to rent from.

Gaz117

Hi there

Sounds like a solid idea Gaz, I was doing some reserch and saw there was a place in Ballinasloe that was to open and they were looking to charge a membership, but it looked like there was some resistance to this from people, but the way i see it is if you have a hobby, you have to invest in it, so i wonder has there been any further news on getting a location? I might PM hipster and see if there is anything happening?

TFNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 CJ76

Hi everyone, I found this thread just now.
    Im almost new to airsoft, skirmished couple time, and wondering if there are any active teams in Co Galway?
    PS. Preferably players in their 30ies - just dont wanna feel myself too old... :D

Try 40s youngster. I play up in Sligo (Tigerland) as there is no official site open in Galway yet. I recommend the journey as it is a top site with great payers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 CJ76

How does it work? do you have to bring few lads with you and come as team? Or you just can pop in alone and join people already playing there?

Just pop up yourself and you will not find a more welcoming bunch. Hoping to be there myself all going well. Just be sure to have ankle boots, water and make sure your AEG is firing under 1J. You will have a great day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Joy31

Would love to get it going.

Hey m8, if money is an issue someone could setup http://www.kickstarter.com/ .
    Then just advertise it around (Galway airsoft) I would sure be happy to donate to help.

Sligo (tigerland) looked great but there's it would be faster to get from Galway to limerick (airsoft) because of the motarway.

please guys, let's get an official Galway airsoft going.
    We can do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

I would love to play airsoft in Galway and I know a lot of people who would be interested too. I think that a site in Galway would do really well, maybe a CQB site or something like that. Hopefully something will be setup soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Davek89666

heres hoping for a place too. Ive had a gun for about a year now and cant find any groups or anything to play with in galway :(. Strange for a city. Mabye we could organise a game using boards. I know 2 others guys that would play

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rudy102

Hi there folks, one more man will be happy to join a Galway team, on a Galway land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Add me to the list of the interested. I'll have 1-3 other lads too that would vary between semi-regular and very regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Does anyone know where we could play??

SuperBlu26 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where we could play??

I'm from Co.Clare, a place in Galway needs to happen.
    Whoever that will setup will become rich very quick and have lots of fun.

Who's up for it?, or someone setup a official donation page for all of Galway (kickstarter) for example, or have someone in Co.Galway that is extremely into airsoft or runs an airsoft shop should setup a donation (http://www.kickstarter.com/) page and then the sales man in the airsoft shop, hey if you would go to this link if you would like to donate, its for a new airsoft Galway camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coylerzz

I would also be interested in a site in galway just hope it's close to the city as I'm a student and don't have a car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭captain wow

Hey folks i'm new to airsoft and i'd love to get involved with a galway team or a galway site. count me in!!

Advertisement