Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1h2013 sets still not in!

• 15-01-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Guys why are smyths soooo slow updating there technic stock, early 2013 technic sets were released 2nd jan and they still can't be got anywhere in Ireland.
    I'm looking for 42006 excavator with claw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

your best bet just to order online. Irish stores are awful when it comes to stuff like this.

they got it in lego.com, but you get cought with that stupid 13eu delivery charge, which is a lot of bull...

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

your best bet just to order online. Irish stores are awful when it comes to stuff like this.

they got it in lego.com, but you get cought with that stupid 13eu delivery charge, which is a lot of bull...

I have a voucher for smyths ill just wait, I see its in stock in Dublin but not Galway yet. There very bad for stock,they said it will be in stock the 11th now that's changed to 18th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

Am looking forward to that one myself. however if you do order from lego.com at the moment while getting hit for the 11 euro delivery charge you will get the exclusive chima poly free and some VIP points, while it won't negate the 11 euro the chima poly is sure to increase in value down the line if unopened.

Derek93 wrote: »
    Am looking forward to that one myself. however if you do order from lego.com at the moment while getting hit for the 11 euro delivery charge you will get the exclusive chima poly free and some VIP points, while it won't negate the 11 euro the chima poly is sure to increase in value down the line if unopened.

Aye I sow that. I wanted to pull the trigger on small order I wanted to get:

3x XL motors
    2x led wires
    1x remote control
    1x IR receiver

I sow they dropped in that chima set too. I did not ordered that stuff as I decided to save up a few more quid and get few more sets with those parts instead of paying delivery charge twice.

Brw how long does it take to deliver with normal delivery? I know that express one is just very very fast.

I got a delivery before christmas in about 10 days maybe, think I ordered on the 1st december and it arrived the 10th so not that bad tbh.

As regards sets with XL motors you won't get them from Lego, there are only 3 sets with the xl motors.. the mechanised bulldozer 8275 which has two, the Monster Dino 4958 creator kit which has 1 and the Crane Truck 8258 which has 1.

All out of production, while the monster dino is not a high value kit the other two are in the 300 euro range now.

• Advertisement

I got a delivery before christmas in about 10 days maybe, think I ordered on the 1st december and it arrived the 10th so not that bad tbh.

As regards sets with XL motors you won't get them from Lego, there are only 3 sets with the xl motors.. the mechanised bulldozer 8275 which has two, the Monster Dino 4958 creator kit which has 1 and the Crane Truck 8258 which has 1.

All out of production, while the monster dino is not a high value kit the other two are in the 300 euro range now.

lego.com sell them separate 9.99eu per pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

lego.com sell them separate 9.99eu per pop.

I know but thats not what you typed..you said save up for sets that have the parts, I was just pointing out there are only 3 with the xl motors :)

cgarrad wrote: »

Thats expensive, its only E59 on lego.com

I know but thats not what you typed..you said save up for sets that have the parts, I was just pointing out there are only 3 with the xl motors :)

ah no, sorry. I ment that i will save up and buy few sets as well as those parts to save up on delivery. I still need few more sets and parts before i will vandalise my sets and start building my own stuff :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Lego.com had free delivery on orders over €55 before Xmas but now they charge for all deliveries. It put me off making an order at the weekend. Does anyone know was the free delivery just a special offer for 3 months leading up to xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^ It was just a temporary offer, I think they do it around that time every year. It sucks, postage to the UK is £4 or so.

Does delivery price increase with more stuff you buy? Or is it flat rate of 11eu?

Does delivery price increase with more stuff you buy? Or is it flat rate of 11eu?

Flat rate. So whether you order a Series 9 Minifigure or the Death Star, it still costs €11.95 for postage.

So it doesn't make sense to buy anything from Shop at Home that can be bought from stores - even with the VIP programme, you'd have to spend €300 to get more in points than you would spend on postage (you would get €15 in points, so you'd be coming out €3.05 better off).

Flat rate. So whether you order a Series 9 Minifigure or the Death Star, it still costs €11.95 for postage.

So it doesn't make sense to buy anything from Shop at Home that can be bought from stores - even with the VIP programme, you'd have to spend €300 to get more in points than you would spend on postage (you would get €15 in points, so you'd be coming out €3.05 better off).

Well some prices are not too bad in there. The only other place i can think of getting is amazon. Problem is that local world of wonder was tiny selection. Believe it or not Smiths in Cork had even less... the only option for me is to order online.

I always check bricklinks for stuff, but they got same problem as lego.com. they got 8109 flatbed truck for only 72eu, but when i asked about delivery - 23eu on top! :eek: so all in all it will end up 100eu. I know this set starting to get rare in shops, but when you think about it, 23eu just for delivery is annoying.

Shadow try Art and hobby shop in Douglas, they had 3 flatbeds the week before christmass and also stock other stuff, might not get a unimog sized kit but they do have alot of mid range stuff and do have some nice offers on. Also one in ballincollig.

http://www.artnhobby.ie/contact.php#cork

They had 8071 bucket truck for 32 euro before christmass.

Cheers Derek. It will be cheaper to pay 23eu or 11eu delivery for me then get to Douglas and back with my car! :D

But nah, really cheers! I did not knew we got something like that localy. Next time I will go to cork ill defo take detour to Douglas.

42006 now on smyths website, they are charging 64.99 for it.

hmmm, i am still not decided what i want to collect on the side of technic.

What do you think of Ninjago in general? I just watched review of 70505 set and i really like it. thgen i looked in to ninjago range and this set is just awesome!

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Epic-Dragon-Battle-9450

We got all this Lego investment too. Sounds like a fun thing to do on the side. I wonder would Ninjago keep its value over the years? Or it is just a summer movie for children thing. As soon as CHIMA cartoons kick in, they will just forget about Ninjago.
    Wheres something like Lotr, Starwars, Lego original themes can be in demand ALWAYS.
    For example monster hunters looks like a really cool theme!

hmmm, i am still not decided what i want to collect on the side of technic.

What do you think of Ninjago in general? I just watched review of 70505 set and i really like it. thgen i looked in to ninjago range and this set is just awesome!

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Epic-Dragon-Battle-9450

We got all this Lego investment too. Sounds like a fun thing to do on the side. I wonder would Ninjago keep its value over the years? Or it is just a summer movie for children thing. As soon as CHIMA cartoons kick in, they will just forget about Ninjago.
    Wheres something like Lotr, Starwars, Lego original themes can be in demand ALWAYS.
    For example monster hunters looks like a really cool theme!

I keep a close eye on investment/pricing trends, because I buy here and there to try to support the hobby, and it can be quite hit and miss. Ninjago seems to be a good one right now because it's so popular, but for me it won't have lasting appeal - once it goes, kids will move on to the next big fad. Personally I don't think there will be massive value in Monster Fighters either long-term, save for the Haunted House which is an exclusive set. Star Wars is always a decent bet, but the hitch is the rehashes they come out with - they've had several iterations of the X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Millenium Falcon and so on, which can detract from the value of the older versions (but not always). Minifigures are key to value as well - any set with exclusive minifigures are good targets.

• Advertisement

I keep a close eye on investment/pricing trends, because I buy here and there to try to support the hobby, and it can be quite hit and miss. Ninjago seems to be a good one right now because it's so popular, but for me it won't have lasting appeal - once it goes, kids will move on to the next big fad. Personally I don't think there will be massive value in Monster Fighters either long-term, save for the Haunted House which is an exclusive set. Star Wars is always a decent bet, but the hitch is the rehashes they come out with - they've had several iterations of the X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Millenium Falcon and so on, which can detract from the value of the older versions (but not always). Minifigures are key to value as well - any set with exclusive minifigures are good targets.

I would really love to separate my lego hobby in few sections:

Technic stuff for building
    Lego stuff for display
    Lego stuff for investment game

The cool thing about investment lego, that even if you don't make a profit on it, you still got lego, which is always fun and wont get wasted! :p

You confirmed my thoughts on Ninjago. This looks like a hot thing now, but as soon as the new hot thing comes it it will be forgotten. Cuusoo stuff looks like a good bet too. i would not stack up with it, but it would be a good idea to have one minecraft set or that time machine that will come next. SW/lotr/hobit stuff looks liek a good bet.

Tesco had that epic battle set at e50 for the last few weeks, might still have some.

As regards Investment: well the catch here is Irelands mad postage costs, your talking 40+ euro for a kit like the supercar or unimog ect to the UK and thats with registered post and crap insurance with An post, not sure on companies like DHL or UPS but they probably cost more. So people will take into account postage costs ect when buying and most of the time your not going to make a sale. Adverts can be good for sales on some older kits.

Good investment sets imo would be UCS star wars stuff is normally worthwhile, the ships anyway, not so much on the statues ones like R2 ect.

Technic stuff is hard to judge: stuff with alot of power functions like the bulldozer or the excavator simply because they are impressive to look at, the unimog I can see being worth abit down the line and depending on what the new crane is like it could be worthwhile.

Modular Buildings also seem like they will do nothing but increase in value.

Last but not least are afew of the creator sets and the expert sets like Tower bridge ect which will probably go up, tower bridge anyway. I have a copy of 6753 which is unopened and I reckon it will definitly increase in value purely because its so cool and I never see it for sale on Ebay.

You mean that dragon one?! My local tesco does not even have minifigs :(. Where's your tesco located?

You mean that dragon one?! My local tesco does not even have minifigs :(. Where's your tesco located?

I'm in Dublin, most of the bigger Tesco's had toys over christmass and they are selling all there stock now, technic's rescue helicopter is 33e and helms deep and jabbas palace are 60e I think, epic dragon was 50e and some other stuff very cheap, bigger tesco stores.

I'm in Dublin, most of the bigger Tesco's had toys over christmass and they are selling all there stock now, technic's rescue helicopter is 33e and helms deep and jabbas palace are 60e I think, epic dragon was 50e and some other stuff very cheap, bigger tesco stores.

Wait. that yellow/red one?! GOD DAMMIT!!! You lucky *****!!! :(

i would almost send you money so you could buy it all for me and send it here to cork! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I already have the Rescue Helicopter but at €33 I'd buy it again to have both models made up. I currently have it made up as the B model and don't want to take it apart to make the main model.

Derek, what tesco did you see it in?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Maynooth about a week ago they had about 4 on the shelf, not sure on price marked on shelf but they scan for 33 euro each, think tesco updated software price but not shelf stickers.

I know clearwater in finglas had afew also and some other sets about a week ago, have not gone there since.

Seems Tesco updated there prices on the computer systems but did not update shelf stickers so its likely they still have stock in bigger shops.

I am sure most of the really big shops might have stock, if you phone them they will check, tesco are fairly good for that tbh.

Maynooth about a week ago they had about 4 on the shelf, not sure on price marked on shelf but they scan for 33 euro each, think tesco updated software price but not shelf stickers.

I know clearwater in finglas had afew also and some other sets about a week ago, have not gone there since.

Seems Tesco updated there prices on the computer systems but did not update shelf stickers so its likely they still have stock in bigger shops.

I am sure most of the really big shops might have stock, if you phone them they will check, tesco are fairly good for that tbh.

In Cork City i am only a guest, i live in smaller town in north Co. Cork. I am not irish too, so i dont know Cork at all lol.

which big tesco would be easiest to get from north ( cork - limerick road )

either cork city douglas or clonmel are closest Tesco extra shops to you shadow, there is a normal tesco in mallow but the Tesco extra would have best selection of stuff like toys.

• Advertisement

either cork city douglas or clonmel are closest Tesco extra shops to you shadow, there is a normal tesco in mallow but the Tesco extra would have best selection of stuff like toys.

I am from mallow, that tesco is aweful :(.

What about mahal point tesco? Would it be a good bet?

Any Tesco Extra would be a Good bet shadow.no garrentee's ofc but if you phone the store they will check stock saving you a drive, as I said Clonmel or Douglas in Cork are your two closest, Clonmel would be safer bet I would say due to lesser people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

This thread should be renamed to "131 sets", no?!

I see smyths are after increasing there price on 40006 to 69.99, now same as Argos, guess I will just order online, even with the postage cost the vip points will make it slightly cheaper than smyths.

This makes me want to buy 40006 and mod the living bejaysus out of it!

Advertisement