Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I incentivize users to provide content and/or feedback?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Good afternoon,

I am in the process of validating an idea for a site. Not a business, profit-led venture, but more of a side project that I believe a particular market segment may find useful, and the responses so far (using nothing more than screenshots and a rough prototype) have been more than positive.

The site itself will be content heavy - with 60+ categories divided among 3 main categories, covering different locations.

For this to work I will need an engaged user base who are willing to contribute, from small actions such as voting on a poll and sharing articles (easy) to commenting on the articles and volunteering time to writing longer blog posts (harder).

What would be some strategies to use to generate this interest among users that they will want to contribute and become involved in the progress of the site?

I've looked into a kind of rewards/points system and giving titles based on their contribution and time on site.

Any other ideas?

I am aware that I've not given much away in terms of the site topic and content - I'm just seeing how the responses go before I explain more.

Advertisement