Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I know someone whose suffering with depression and they have a medical card. Does anyone know if they can be referred to someone to talk about this for free around the Sligo area? If not whats the going rate an hour for this kind of thing?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

Ring St. Michaels. They have a good counselling service, the price of which is based on the ability to pay. Don't think I'm allowed to put in the phone number but jsut google it and you'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

They should go to their GP and will be referred to the mental health services in Markievicz House which is a free service.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Thank you so much - both of you :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bennyc wrote: »
    They should go to their GP and will be referred to the mental health services in Markievicz House which is a free service.

You could be waiting a long time.

magnumlady wrote: »
    You could be waiting a long time.

It's still good to know the help is available on medical card and if they want to see someone sooner then they can pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

You can be referred by your GP for free counselling/therapy without even having a medical card. I think the general wait time is 6 months. Hope they get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Hope your friend gets the help they're looking for.

Had a friend who suffered from depression, really best to get help sooner rather than later.

All my best thoughts going their way :)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Hope your friend gets the help they're looking for.

Had a friend who suffered from depression, really best to get help sooner rather than later.

All my best thoughts going their way :)

I agree but money is a bit tight for them at the moment as they are out of work. Thank you for your post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Geraldine Brennan

Google sligo gestalt counselling, they're really good. G

Thanku :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 alice carroll

Can anybody recommend a good therapist in the Naas/Newbridge area for a man going through a separation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Can anybody recommend a good therapist in the Naas/Newbridge area for a man going through a separation.
    Welcome to boards!
    You're question would be best posted here as this is the Sligo forum.
    If you edit and delete here you can then post the same message in the Kildare forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alice carroll

red sean wrote: »
    Welcome to boards!
    You're question would be best posted here as this is the Sligo forum.
    If you edit and delete here you can then post the same message in the Kildare forum.

Thanks, that was my first ever post here so havent a clue

Advertisement