Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees Office

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the opening hours for the fees office? They sent me a fees request this morning for €2250 when I get full fees and have done for the past 3 years. Trying to get through to them on the phone is like trying to get into heaven.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours for the fees office? They sent me a fees request this morning for €2250 when I get full fees and have done for the past 3 years. Trying to get through to them on the phone is like trying to get into heaven.

Same thing myself.. Phone doesnt even ring.

Did you pay the €72 that you have to pay yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

garv123 wrote: »
    Same thing myself.. Phone doesnt even ring.

Did you pay the €72 that you have to pay yet?

Paid the €72 back in Sept, I even received my first installment for the maintenance grant back in September but for some reason UL have not gotten their part or they have and are winding me up before I start coop. I don't want my student portal blocked for no reason so close to the results day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I'm having the same problem so I emailed them. Here's to hoping they get it!

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Paid the €72 back in Sept, I even received my first installment for the maintenance grant back in September but for some reason UL have not gotten their part or they have and are winding me up before I start coop. I don't want my student portal blocked for no reason so close to the results day.
    Im pretty sure i paid mine too but dont have a receipt to be sure and got the letter too. Meant to be doing co op next semester too.

Phone wouldnt ring all day today

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Got that letter too...however Council sent me letter saying there gunna pay it as they always have done! If you've received confirmation from the council your grand...just an Admin error id assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Are the Fees Office hours the same during these weeks as during the Semester (9:30-12:30 and 2:30-4:30)? Need to pick up a link-in registration form from them at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Went into them today and gave them a copy of my award letter from the CoCo so all is good :) I knew that I didn't owe them fees just frightened I would be locked out of the portal on results morning, But knowing the admin in UL I probably still will. :o

They emailed back saying they need a copy of the grant approval letter... fairly sure I remember queuing for several hours to give them one of them...:rolleyes:

Edit: And jez, their grammer is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Had the same thing on Monday. Was away so my mother just rang them, then rang the body where I get my grant. The woman said she'd send out the letter and that there were 4 or 5 others that morning with the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Getting my grant for first year was the biggest ball ache ever,
    Entitled to a full one but they kept "losing the forms" so only ended up with a half grant...
    Grant place (in Cork anyway) is an absolute disgrace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

I split my fees in September, went to pay the second installment today online after I got the letter in the post yesterday asking for second installment. Says my fees have already been processed. I know I haven't paid them... A friend had the same problem, anyone else experienced this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I haven't paid my 72 contribution yet. Went on to pay it yesterday but the only option was to pay 2,000+ :( I'm in final year, surely they know what grant I'm on?

If I don't get to pay the 72 I won't get my results next week. Grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

:D

I got a letter for over €5k last week. So to make clear, this is an admin error? I rang the council and they said the money will be paid by them before the date on the letter anyway (25th I think?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I've to pay second installment before or on 25th January,
    2.7kish, with a late fee of 200 euro... my derriere...
    Relishing the thought of the lines...
    Although dealt with pretty fast last time around,
    Think I got there minutes before it closed on the last day though... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

They seem to have done this to a lot of people so! I get the full grant myself and every fricking semester they do this to me and I have to email them to sort it out!! They always tell me 'oh that was a mistake your name is off that fees list now' and still it continues :mad:!! What a waste of UL funds on the paper and postage for these!

Does anyone know the postal address of the Fees Office?

Student fees office,
    Main building,
    University of limerick
    Castletroy
    Limerick

Works for me when ive to send it..

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

ul has by far the worst admin system of any university in ireland

Advertisement