Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fancy but fair!

Options
  • 15-01-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

i'm looking for a restaurant in Dublin to take my boyfriend out for a meal. i'd love to go somewhere fancy, where a suit and long dress wouldn't look out of place, but would also be easy on the pocket as we both work mnimum wage jobs.
    any advice would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Does it have to be an evening meal? Dobbins do an amazing Sunday lunch for €26.50 with 10% service charge. The food and service are really good.
    I think you'll get more helpful replies in here.
    Moved from Food & Drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

le bon crubeen on talbot street, its one of the best in dublin, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Pearl brasserie have a great early bird menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

le bon crubeen on talbot street, its one of the best in dublin, imo

+1, its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I wasn't that impressed with Le Bon Crubeen, thought the portions were really small...

Pearl Brasserie is gorgeous, they have a good pre-theatre menu! (6-7pm)

If you're into Thai, Koh is just lovely! Fancy setting and the food is amazing! They also have a cocktail bar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

niamh92 wrote: »
    somewhere fancy, where a suit and long dress wouldn't look out of place
    I think the replies so far haven't factored in this bit!

Fair play to the OP for dressing up. Far too many restaurants accepting hoodies and jeans!

The only one that comes to mind is Trocadero on St Andrew Street. There's often a theater type crowd there with a mixture of dress sense. Price is OK in my opinion but I realise that others may disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Maybe here if going during mid-week?

http://www.brasserielepont.ie/gift_vouchers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20 niamh92

a few people have mentioned la trocodera, will check out pearl brassiere aswel. thanks :)

Advertisement