Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain site relaunch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It could do with some DNS records to make it useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Clean, quick, simple - I like it.

Domain and logo are only indicators as to what the site does - tell me somewhere. That leads me to the expectation that it'll give me the whois info straight up, rather than needing me to hit the info icon. It's more "Is It Available?" rather than ""Who Owns It?".

A slightly less obtrusive cookie warning would be nice, but I understand why it's like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sorry for not replying sooner..

@tatranska - while we could add that functionality there are already plenty of other tools that people use for this including ours: http://mydnscheck.com/

@Trojan
    The cookie thing is more of a "holder" than anything definitive. We had to be sure that our sites were compliant :) I'd be happier implementing something a bit more subtle, but with more controls. It's on the list

We don't display the whois data immediately, as both registrars and registries impose rate limits

We have a bunch of other features planned and I believe the lead developer on the project is currently testing the next build

Thanks for the feedback

Michele

Advertisement