Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behavior of nurses over employment

Options
  • 15-01-2013 3:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭

Is anyone else irritated by the behavior of recently graduated nurses and those seeking employment??

The HSE opened up 1,000 nursing positions for graduates and others looking for work and these would-be nurses started to boycott the positions, even going as far as forming a whole "anti" campaign around it.

I think this is totally selfish of them, i understand reduced salary is the issue of contention but isnt better than being unemployed??

Also it provides an opputunity to gain valuable experience, money to leave the county if necessary and apply for other nursing positions.

Seems selfishness to me, like some arrogant sense of entitlement . . . .

Thoughts???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Maybe this has something to do with it:

Graduate nurses earn twice as much abroad

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/graduate-nurses-earn-twice-as-much-abroad-3353774.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the health sciences forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=392

I have a pretty low opinion of unions and take issue with the pay and standards in the public sector - but I know through family members and friends what nurses earn despite qualifications and experience and nurses with 10 - 15 years experience in more complex areas of nursing can earn less than newly qualified professionals in the private sector.

Personally - I'd like to see teachers, nurses and Garda and other frontline staff well rewarded but met with high expectations and standards. All non frontline areas which offer crap service anyway should be gutted of the useless and stripped of silly benefits and increments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement