Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Overdraft Expiring

Options
  • 15-01-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a problem like this. Basically, I've let my finances get a bit untidy. I have an Overdraft of €1,300 and a credit card of €1,500. Which I've made plans t repay over the coming year. Then AIB write to me stating my Overdraft will discontinue in a month. As you can imagine, after christmas, my Overdraft is my bottom line at the moment. I asked them to restructure it and the girl put through a loan App for €2,800 so I could close both of them at once. I can more than afford the loan. I'm 26 and earning €30,000 per year so €140 a month is fine. I'm just worried sick, as I expect them to decline because of the mis-management of my Card and O/D, which has probably left marks on my ICB.

The problem is that if the restructure is declined, then I will most likely default on both the overdraft and card. I'll try make up €1,300 in a few months, I'll neglect the card, I'll be late with other bills etc etc.

I feel snookered, yet am fully aware this has been my fault.

Anyone have any advice or been through anything similar?

Advertisement