Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Oh good, I was planning on rocking back and forth on my chair nervously from 15.50-1600 anyways!

Best of luck everyone!

*unsubscribes from thread so I don't feel even worse when I hear of other people's success* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Here we go. Let's crash the website together!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Good to hear, although I haven't gotten that mail...:(

EDIT: Just received it...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Jesus, the numbers are a bit depressing aren't they. Hopes not high at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭bren2001

For anybody who has not got the mail. This is what I got.

I am applying for funding to do a PhD, postdoc stuff could be a different day.
    We would like to notify you that the outcome of your recent application to the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme will be available through http://irishresearch.smartsimple.ie from 16.00 today. We received a very large number of applications for funding and competition was intense. Over all schemes, a total of 1628 applications were assessed, and for the GOI Postgraduate Scholarship and Department of Foreign Affairs and Andrew Grene Postgraduate Scholarship in Conflict Resolution in particular, 1115 applications were assessed with 254 awards to be made.

After 16.00 today, the status of your submission will no longer read 'Ready for Review'. Your submission status will be updated as one of the following:

• Conditional Award: The application has been recommended for funding. The award offer is conditional on fulfillment of the scheme terms and conditions (all terms and conditions can be found on www.research.ie) including receipt by the Council of all required supporting materials and documentation (e.g. transcripts of academic record) from the applicant. The award is wholly subject to receipt of funding by the Council from the Department of Education and Skills, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (where relevant). A formal letter of offer outlining all the necessary steps for accepting of the award will follow in due course.

• Reserve: While unfortunately we cannot offer you a conditional award at this time, the Assessment Panel did indicate that your application was of a high standard, and accordingly, you have been placed on a reserve list. Should candidates who have been offered an award decline the offer, we will then (and only then) offer awards to candidates on the reserve list. Candidates on the reserve list will be contacted no later than 26th August 2013.

• Application unsuccessful: The application has not been recommended for funding on this occasion. The Council acknowledge that this outcome will be a disappointment given the substantial work involved in the preparation of the proposal, and will supply further information on your scoring in due course.

Irish Research Council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 purplemonkeys

AH THE TENSION LADS!!!!!

bren2001 wrote: »
    For anybody who has not got the mail. This is what I got.

I am applying for funding to do a PhD, postdoc stuff could be a different day.
    Same mail for postdocs, just the numbers are different. 382 applications and 50 awards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Since they made us wait til 4pm and have such a stressful morning, as a sign of protest we should all refuse the funding when we get it!!

(...in case I make the reserve list.... :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DeaKat

Two minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athena14

still not showing up on mine. Anyone else see their's yet? Best of luck to everyone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Autumn_Almanac

STILL NOT UP!! This is killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Not connecting...

GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Application unsuccessful for me.. best of luck and congratulations to everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kiria

Not this time. Congratulations to those who got the award!

I was unsuccessful too - but onwards and upwards as they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

On the reserve list like most people I say

I'm still not getting a connection :-(

Conditional award

*dies*

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Congrats to those who got it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sparkles101

Reserve :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DeaKat

Unsuccessful. I'm absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I got it!

Hopefully there will be another Postgrad Studentship going back into the mix in the School of Languages Literatures and Cultural Studies in Trinity for someone who wasn't successful as a result of this. I'm not sure how these things work in Trinity but I must ask as I'd feel terribly bad if this meant that no one got the other grant.

Was anyone successful on their first application? Or as a first year? Congrats to the successful ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

Unsuccessful, ah well. Best of luck to everyone!

I've been trying to connect since 16:00 and still can't get the login page up...Anyone else have this issue?

For anyone who was unsuccessful last year - any idea how long it took to get the feedback?

Congrats and good luck to the successful people!

I didn't get any feedback last year, just a rough idea of where I placed...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

didnt get it. I have a first class degree, top of my class, well established PI's working on a promising new drug. Fair play to whoever got it

• Advertisement

I've completed nine months and it was my first application. So excited, really grateful.

Advertisement