Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

smeedyova wrote: »
    I didn't get any feedback last year, just a rough idea of where I placed...

Any idea when you got told that, roughly? A week after? a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

It came in the same letter as the results.

I still can't connect. Humph.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

For anyone who was unsuccessful last year - any idea how long it took to get the feedback?

Congrats and good luck to the successful people!

I was rejected for the postdoc last year and it took ages to get it, I think it was November before I got the feedback.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I was rejected for the postdoc last year and it took ages to get it, I think it was November before I got the feedback.

Ah jesus, won't be holding my breath in that case! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Was anyone successful on their first application? Or as a first year?

Both :o

I'm shocked, honestly. I thought I was going to get sick when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 purplemonkeys

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Both :o

I'm shocked, honestly. I thought I was going to get sick when I saw it.

So you haven't started yet? And congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Same, both:) Those ten minutes were the most sickening of my life though. Congratulations and commiserations as appropriate to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭k_tos

Got it- thanks to all those for sharing the misery. Commiserations to those who didn't get it. Good luck to those that did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Any idea when you got told that, roughly? A week after? a month?
    The letter I got was dated 20th of September (just double checked from a scan I sent to someone).

• Advertisement

10 minutes??? Try being me. Have been trying to connect since 16:00 and just keep getting a "timed out" page.

Good luck smeedyova!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Baldlydrawnboy

IN SHOCK. Got it- first application, but 2nd year phd. In shock and felt sick opening the page. Congratulations to those who got it, commiserations to those who didn't. Better luck next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

Was anyone successful on their first application? Or as a first year? Congrats to the successful ones!

Yessir!

So you haven't started yet? And congratulations!

Starting in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

I got it!

Hopefully there will be another Postgrad Studentship going back into the mix in the School of Languages Literatures and Cultural Studies in Trinity for someone who wasn't successful as a result of this. I'm not sure how these things work in Trinity but I must ask as I'd feel terribly bad if this meant that no one got the other grant.

I hope you're right about that because apparently I came in second ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Baldlydrawnboy

lfqnic wrote: »

I'm on one of the college LLC Studentships now, there'll be two going back into the pool for September then! Next task: how to negotiate not giving up all income until October whn the IRC pay tcd- I've no idea how it works in terms of transferring from one to the other, so... But fingers crossed the studentship makes t to you, ifqnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Thanks a million, and congrats to you both! :) And everyone else of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tinaconn

Anyone here get funding and in NUI Galway?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Now to start looking for a job

• Advertisement

lfqnic wrote: »

Ah great! I'll let them know as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

"Would you like the Irish Research Council to make your application available to other funding agencies and/or enterprise partners for funding consideration?"

I remember this from the end of the application, does this realistically actually mean anything? I've never heard anyone talk about it before.

Starting in September :)

That's pretty impressive! What do you think sealed the deal with your application? Or are you just a stunning student in general? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DeaKat

I wonder if the fact that I held the phd scholarship influenced their decision not to fund my postdoc... You would think they would like to see research that they funded be published. I should've applied for the two year postdoc. Anybody get the one year postdoc? Congrats to all of you who got it! Now I'm off to drink a bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

DeaKat wrote: »
    I wonder if the fact that I held the phd scholarship influenced their decision not to fund my postdoc... You would think they would like to see research that they funded be published. I should've applied for the two year postdoc. Anybody get the one year postdoc? Congrats to all of you who got it! Now I'm off to drink a bottle of wine.
    I was rejected twice during my PhD and again last year for the postdoc before finally getting it now. I don't think there's a correlation, and most I know who got the postdoc had previously gotten it as doctoral students

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Autumn_Almanac

Reserve list :-( oh well!!! Congrats to everyone who got it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Didnt get it. What to do now is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

Got it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 short paragraphs

Well, that was disappointing. I missed out by 1 point last year and I didn't even make the reserve list this year. I'd go back to the drawing board but I have no money to buy one! :)

Congratulations to everyone who did get it!

To all of us who didn't - euromillions syndicate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 smurac86

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything from IRC regarding progress reports for postgraduate scholarships. Think there's supposed to be two - one in January and one in June/July.....

Advertisement