Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

Hey, when sending in the written acceptance form, what address does it need to be sent to? It says return acceptance form "to the council by sept 16th" but does not give a specific address???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cmario

I sent my certificated diplomas to this address:

Irish Research Council
    Brooklawn House, Crampton Avenue
    Shelbourne Road
    Dublin 4

Also, I asked them to verify whether they received them and I got confirmation that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I just got an email this morning from them, which confirms that they will be looking at all the documents next week and making sure all is in order. The award will then go up as 'live award' on the system.

Just sharing the knowledge! This thread has certainly kept me ahead of the game through this process... ;-)

Oh and I'm delighted to see that some of the reserve list were offered the award! Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I just got an email this morning from them, which confirms that they will be looking at all the documents next week and making sure all is in order. The award will then go up as 'live award' on the system.

Just sharing the knowledge! This thread has certainly kept me ahead of the game through this process... ;-)

Oh and I'm delighted to see that some of the reserve list were offered the award! Congratulations!!

Yeah I got an email on Friday (I think) just as a reminder that they need finished hard copy acceptance forms with stamps and transcripts by Monday (this is for the postdoc). I had posted in all the stuff that day, hopefully they weren't lost in the post or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

How strict are they on the deadline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

Got a letter from the IRC saying I got 77.9% in my assessment; apparently 83% was needed to be referred to international assessors.

I got an email just there reminding me that all documentation must be in by today at 5.30pm.

Does that mean that they havent yet received it or is this just a randomly generated email sent to everyone?

I got an email just there reminding me that all documentation must be in by today at 5.30pm.

Does that mean that they havent yet received it or is this just a randomly generated email sent to everyone?

I got the same email.

Regarding how strict they are on the deadline, that email also says that if you are concerned about making the deadline, contact them via email, to find out what needs to be done. Presume they will try and accommodate people who are in any bother getting it all together from the tone of it.

I'm getting paranoid now but:

I was just the signed acceptance form on university headed paper and a copy of my transcript with the department stamp on it that was needed right?

I sent in a different signed acceptance form to the one that I scanned and sent for the electronic copy, with different dates on the signatures. I don't suppose that makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 purplemonkeys

Manco - i got 82.2%! Gutted. My project proposal wasnt up to scratch but my capability as an applicant was ranked 29 out of 30 which gives me hope for next year... better start preparing again lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭bren2001

0.8%, thats hard to take purplemonkeys. I got 80. The letter said the mark was 83 for AHSS, anyone know what the score required for STEM was as mine would have been part of that (or they made a mistake).

I think that the email was a general one for everyone, they've followed with a 'stop emailing and calling to see if things are ok we'll let you know' email. I think that this one is for me personally, as I have made the odd panic-y call!

Profanity - I sent the headed paper form, transcript and ethics material to them, they were different to the electronic signatures and it seems that they'll be on to us if there's any issues (as long as the material arrived on time) - so you should be ok!

Where are people getting the score information? Seems it was extremely close...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 short paragraphs

According to my feedback letter, I'm a full 8 points worse than my application last year. This makes precisely zero sense, considering I had officially started my PhD a month before applying for this, and so had actually done no work. Literally. No work.

The system upgraded my status from "Conditional Award" to "Award Holder" today, presume the same will be true for others, although they did say they'll be staggering it over the week.

Mine is still Conditional Award, but I'm presuming that they'll change over the week...

Award holder - one final sigh of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thewhitepele

Award holder, so what happens now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

well done guys some serious competition here

Award holder, so what happens now?

Money moneeey! (moneeey!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Did you get an email confirming the change? I know they have my documentation - that was confirmed - just curious really.

• Advertisement

No email, I just checked the status of my award on the online application

Checked the website first thing and it's gone to award holder ! First time I've relaxed all fecking summer over this ;-)

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Did you get an email confirming the change? I know they have my documentation - that was confirmed - just curious really.

I got an email to confirm they had my documentation (I had specifically asked them to clarify this as I had sent in the transcripts separately from everything else), then checked the application's status on the website.

Yep, thanks for the replies. I've gone to 'award holder' too. Hurray. See you all in the Pav on 17th October or whenever it is that they pay us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Should I be getting worried that I'm still on conditional award. It would suck if something fell through now.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Should I be getting worried that I'm still on conditional award. It would suck if something fell through now.

I wouldn't be worried.

Does anyone know the maximum amount that can be spent from the expenses allowance for captial items in the first year, ie. a computer? I'm sure I saw something somewhere about an actual total amount but all I can find in the Terms and Conditions is that expenses can only be used to buy capital items in year 1, nothing about the amount?

Does anyone know the maximum amount that can be spent from the expenses allowance for captial items in the first year, ie. a computer? I'm sure I saw something somewhere about an actual total amount but all I can find in the Terms and Conditions is that expenses can only be used to buy capital items in year 1, nothing about the amount?

Actually never mind, I found it in FAQ.

For everyone elses benefit, the max amount the IRC will contribute towards a laptop/computer is €1000 but more expensive laptops can be bought providing the award holder pays the extra balance themselves. Time to go laptop shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

Anyone got any clue as to when the money might start coming in? I know it's supposed to be October sometime (or at least, that's been the case in previous years). Can't come soon enough for me!

• Advertisement

Depends on when your university does its payroll. The university controls the funds so they will have access from tomorrow onwards I assume, but in the case of UL for example payday for everyone is 25th of each month.

Advertisement