Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭k_tos

Anyone else notice any change in their application status on the online form?...I logged in and clicked print on view application tab and application of status had been filled in?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

Mine says 'Ready for Review'

saor19 wrote: »

Mine says "award holder"- dunno what to make of it. Application status on the main page of submitted applications says the same. Find it highly unlikely they would have assessed it this quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

saor19 wrote: »

Then you´re good to go.

System error on my application- go figure! Best of Luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lauraw87

Does anyone know when the results are out? I think I recall it being June, but I can't find a date anywhere on the website!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

I was under the impression it was July/August.

E

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I heard July, but probably August! I get wee butterflies every time I think of my poor little proposal, off getting slated by a panel of academics!

I get wee butterflies every time I think of my poor little proposal, off getting slated by a panel of academics!

So relate to that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lauraw87

I don't know why I thought it was June! I just want to be put out my misery! Best of luck everyone :-)

• Advertisement

Was July last year...email says the same this year.

Just submitted my first academic paper to a conference and it is now going to be reviewed by my peers.

*****ting myself*

• Registered Users Posts: 25 moranr7

Bioinformatics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Caillte wrote: »
    Just submitted my first academic paper to a conference and it is now going to be reviewed by my peers.

*****ting myself*

Have always found the Q&A at conferences the f*cker....intense peer review!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Caillte wrote: »

*****ting myself*

My first one just got accepted. Some of the reviewer comments make you feel very small.

**Tick**Tock** #hatewaiting!

I got an email notification re activity in this thread and I lept over here as fast as the net would take me in case of movement ;-). Cannae take the waiting AT ALL!

Life goes on, I suppose! I've been worrying about a formatting mistake I made at one point in my proposal. Nothing to disqualify me by any means but slightly careless on my part. Sigh. Oh well, I can't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

So when do you guys guess the results will be announced?

Id say end of July/August seeing as its different every year :( Doesn't give much time to start in September!

I got an email notification re activity in this thread and I lept over here as fast as the net would take me in case of movement ;-). Cannae take the waiting AT ALL!

Sorry- forgot the effect it might have!

Online system says my app was last "modified" on the 29/4. so I'm guessing it might still be july- I'd imagine its an efficient process once they get going.

Waiting is agony though:mad:

• Advertisement

Ravellman - I found one or two tiny things when I went back to look at my proposal for a conference abstract I was preparing - vay frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 moranr7

Guys I ws talking to someone involved in this and they said it should be end of june/ early july! fingers crossed !!!

Yep, that tends to be the time time they aim for every year, although it has been delayed upon occasion.

Just found out that my first paper was accepted Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Baldlydrawnboy

Congrats, Caillte! Great news!

And I f**king hate waiting...

Congrats Caillte - I've always found my ideas develop at conference from the questions etc that people ask - it's a big deal, so enjoy!

My ethics passed with minor adjustments last week - such a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

I was in touch with the IRC regarding the postdoc awards. They informed me that results would be announced around the end of July. I took that to mean first week of August (...Irish time :-) ).

Anyway, I would propose that results ought to be release to applicants when an application passes each review stage. The IRC online system provides very little information regarding the status of the application. For example, the online system should indicate that the application has reached stage x of x rather than allowing all applicants to live in anticipation for months. If it didn't pass a certain phase - at least we would know and give us time to grieve (lol) and move onto 'Plan B'.

Just my thoughts.

For the Postgraduate applicants, I just checked whether there was any mention of feedback dates on the applicants guidelines: http://www.irchss.ie/sites/default/files/pg_13_guideforapplicants.pdf

Page 11 - Notification& Feedback:

"Applicants will be informed of the assessment result and outcome once the assessment is complete by email and letter of the outcome of the evaluation process by August 2013"

:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

It is hard to tell by the wording, but maybe they mean the detailed feedback rather than the simple yes/no? I think the two are done separately. The email I got - I'm applying for a postgrad, not a postdoc btw - said "the results of the assessment for this call are provisionally expected in July 2013."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭bren2001

Every time this thread is updated my heart is in my mouth. At this stage I don't care whether I get it or not, I just want to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

bren2001 wrote: »
    Every time this thread is updated my heart is in my mouth. At this stage I don't care whether I get it or not, I just want to know!

Yeah, we should maybe stop torturing each other, I don't think we'll hear anything for at least a few weeks, frustratingly. :(

Advertisement