Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stocky

The IRC website says that results will be released early July so hopefully soon.
    http://www.research.ie/scheme/irish-research-council-government-ireland-postgraduate-scholarship-scheme-including-enterpris

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭kellyi3

stocky wrote: »

This is new. Hopefully next week at some point. They generally only post items in block capitals on the site when they're inundated with questions or whatever.

The fear now sets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Link doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stocky

smeedyova wrote: »
    Link doesn't work for me.
    If you go to www.research.ie and loomk under funding oppurtunities you'll find it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lauraw87

Hmmm the link worked for me a few minutes ago... And now it doesn't!

• Advertisement

In case it disappears again:

"Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (including EPS and Andrew Grene Scholarships) 2013-14 CLOSED. RESULTS WILL BE RELEASED IN EARLY JULY"

Now, what do you all understand by "early July"? :-) Let's speculate :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 21 purplemonkeys

"Let's speculate!" Smeedyova that made me smile. Let's overanalyze every small detail in the vain hope we can deduce we are successful!!!

For me early July means the first half so before the 16th. But this is Ireland so who knows?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 short paragraphs

Yes, but then do you only divide your month in two, or do you go for the intricate early/mid/late set up? :p I say by the end of next week. And no, I would not like to bet on that!

Good luck, everybody.

Well no sign of posty before I left this morning. Am now sitting in the office and have started to think will it arrive today, tomorrow, Monday morning?

Its not the results that kill you, its the waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 short paragraphs

The website has been updated again to say the results will be out 'by mid-July'. Do you get the feeling they might be following this thread...

The website has been updated again to say the results will be out 'by mid-July'. Do you get the feeling they might be following this thread...

Either that or there's confusion within the IRC offices as to what early-July or mid-July means.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lauraw87

kellyi3 wrote: »
    Either that or there's confusion within the IRC offices as to what early-July or mid-July means.

It now says BY mid July... Which could still imply before the 16th...:-)

Lauraw87 wrote: »
    It now says BY mid July... Which could still imply before the 16th...:-)

I'd say the use of by mid-July means they're probably just about done but have one or two niggly bits left to do. I assume they're making sure their ducks are in a row before letting people know. But that sounds responsible and efficient and given that its the IRC we're dealing with . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ruki

Hiya. I'm a postdoc applicant, expecting results in July too, and would be curious to hear about the dates postdoc applications were last modified. Mine says 11th June. BTW it's good to see everyone start to gather at the board again to share the pain/excitement/anxiety - non-applicants have no idea what we have to go through!

So its gonna be week commencing the 15th of July according to the IRC

http://www.research.ie/event/2013-07-03/postgraduate-and-postdoctoral-scheme-results-be-released-week-commencing-15th-july

Another week and a half of waiting campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fifa3000

So far away :(

It's beginning to sound chaotic at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

smeedyova wrote: »
    It's beginning to sound chaotic at their end.

I dunno... They've given a solid time in which to expect confirmation now. Sounds like they're getting into gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

I have been informed that the results will be released by email during next week. Best of luck everybody me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mary71

Very funny Woodward :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Just saw this thread - was doing so well putting it out of my mind for the last few months, and now I'm thinking about it more and more every day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

I'm so relieved it'll be by email - couldn't stand the thought of a sympathetic phone call from a family member while at a conference. Of course, this way I might find out mid-coffee break and then have to return to a conference at which one of the judges is reading... "Hello, yes, I'd like to ask the esteemed professor why he is such a big mean bitchface?".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Woodward wrote: »
    I have been informed that the results will be released by email during next week. Best of luck everybody me!

Do these words come from the mouth of our temporary god (the IRC) himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I've heard the week of the 15th as well.

It's like Waiting for Godot...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

Hi all,

Do not want to add to the anxiety of the wait but I was reading through all of the threads and I noticed that many of you are discussing something on "Last Modified" [Date]. I logged onto my profile page to see what this is about. I could only find this in the "Report - Draft Applications" page which would suggest that the application was not submitted? In my case, I looked at the "Submitted Applications" page which outlines the proposal I submitted (with a PDF version which is downloadable).

Do you have access to this page or are some of you looking at Draft Applications? There is no mention of "Last Modified" on the Submitted Applications page. It indicates under the status category that it is "Ready for Review".

BTW - Postdoc Applicant (but I assume its the same system??).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭k_tos

Who Knows? wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do not want to add to the anxiety of the wait but I was reading through all of the threads and I noticed that many of you are discussing something on "Last Modified" [Date]. I logged onto my profile page to see what this is about. I could only find this in the "Report - Draft Applications" page which would suggest that the application was not submitted? In my case, I looked at the "Submitted Applications" page which outlines the proposal I submitted (with a PDF version which is downloadable).

Do you have access to this page or are some of you looking at Draft Applications? There is no mention of "Last Modified" on the Submitted Applications page. It indicates under the status category that it is "Ready for Review".

BTW - Postdoc Applicant (but I assume its the same system??).

Click submitted applications, the click print PDF under the tab "view application". Date modified is on the right of the PDF form.

k_tos wrote: »
    Click submitted applications, the click print PDF under the tab "view application". Date modified is on the right of the PDF form.

Thanks for that. I checked it and it tells me it was last modified mid June - what does this tell me about my application? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭k_tos

Who Knows? wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I checked it and it tells me it was last modified mid June - what does this tell me about my application? :confused:

Nothing really- it's speculation as to what it might be. Best to just sit tight for the results and work on a plan B just in case.

• Advertisement

k_tos wrote: »
    Nothing really- it's speculation as to what it might be. Best to just sit tight for the results and work on a plan B just in case.

Good stuff. I am working on a Plan B and C just in case I am not successful :( but I am hopeful of a good outcome.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many applicants were there this year or how many scholarships are given (for postgrad and postdoc)?

On a more lighthearted note, before all of the IRC applicants get the application results, you should watch this video and remember everything will be ok. rolleyes.pngwink.png

Advertisement