Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quoits

• 15-01-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,
    Does anyone know if the game of Pub Quoits (a ring throwing game) is played anywhere in Ireland. I've googled but cannot find any references in Ireland. Does anybody have the game.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

This is probably in the wrong forum, but to answer the question pub games/sports are not a big tradition in Ireland (I am open to correction but never seen any when I lived there for ~23 years) so there might be somewhere but it's highly unlikely. TBF it's a dying art in the UK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 d.i.y. man

Irish Halo wrote: »
    This is probably in the wrong forum, but to answer the question pub games/sports are not a big tradition in Ireland (I am open to correction but never seen any when I lived there for ~23 years) so there might be somewhere but it's highly unlikely. TBF it's a dying art in the UK too.

Thanks Irish Halo, Other than darts you're probably right. I'm involved in organising a games weekend and the pub quoits game looks ideal. I was hoping I could get a look at or test the game before purchasing.
    As for the wrong forum, most likely, and my apologies to all. I can never figure my way around forums either here or any other online venue.
    Thanks again

Advertisement