Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag weekend in Letterkenny

Options
  • 15-01-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have to book somewhere to stay for around 25 people, any recommendations???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭QUINN1888

Letterkenny Court hotel (dillions)!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rebellious Jukebox

QUINN1888 wrote: »
    Letterkenny Court hotel (dillions)!

really? there are awful customer reviews on line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

really? there are awful customer reviews on line?

Likely because of all the Stag's and Hen's that stay there :pac:

Seems to be the place where all stag / hen parties go in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Hi there, I'm a Letterkenny girl, The Station House Hotel is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

How messy of a stag a ye planning? Dillon's is the venue of choice for most stags really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 michelmo

Dillons take a €50 damage deposit per person, if its a big group, on check in just in case things get really messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Likely because of all the Stag's and Hen's that stay there :pac:

Seems to be the place where all stag / hen parties go in the town.

Most hotels won't take a booking for a large single sex group at the weekends, so they tend to end up in the one that will.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭QUINN1888

Dillons is well run and its right beside all the good bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but it was the latest one i could find about stag nights.
    So basically im planning a stag to Letterkenny on the 17th march for two nights staying in Mcgettigans hotel.
    There are about 15 - 20 lads most in our 30's few younger few older.
    Can anyone tell me what i can expect from the two nights i know the Fri night is St Patricks day and could be messy, are there any bars we should stay away from, some good bars for the footie/rugby on Saturday and what pubs/niteclubs would be good for the nights.
    Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

pdiddy wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but it was the latest one i could find about stag nights.
    So basically im planning a stag to Letterkenny on the 17th march for two nights staying in Mcgettigans hotel.
    There are about 15 - 20 lads most in our 30's few younger few older.
    Can anyone tell me what i can expect from the two nights i know the Fri night is St Patricks day and could be messy, are there any bars we should stay away from, some good bars for the footie/rugby on Saturday and what pubs/niteclubs would be good for the nights.
    Thanks all

Decent bar in McGettigans get ye started it's a taxi ride in to town from there. Paddys Night is Paddys Night, messy eveywhere but as long as you don't go into the Wolfe Tone wearing a Rangers jersey you'll be sound. Stick to the main street plenty of pubs on it. For sport I'd go to The Cavern, clubs Voodoo (just up from Cavern) and The Pulse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Joshua J wrote: »
    Decent bar in McGettigans get ye started it's a taxi ride in to town from there. Paddys Night is Paddys Night, messy eveywhere but as long as you don't go into the Wolfe Tone wearing a Rangers jersey you'll be sound. Stick to the main street plenty of pubs on it. For sport I'd go to The Cavern, clubs Voodoo (just up from Cavern) and The Pulse.

Your thinking of Clanree hotel which also houses McGettigans bar. They're staying in McGettigans hotel which is formerly Gallagher's Hotel in the middle of town and so 5 minutes max from even the furthest pub.

There are loads of great pubs and the only one I'd advise you to avoid is the Wolfe Tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

McGettigans Hotel has the Warehouse Bar attached which is becoming a popular spot. They have loads of tv's in it too so good chance they will show sports. McGinley's bar often have the footie on (leave the hotel and take a right - 3 min walk). McGinley's is next to the Voodoo for a late spot. Other late spots as mentioned above is the Pulse (left down the hill) and the Orchard (left up the hill - smaller venue than the others).

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

the only one I'd advise you to avoid is the Wolfe Tone.
    Is that place still open? I thought I read (albeit some time ago) that it closed its doors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Your thinking of Clanree hotel which also houses McGettigans bar. They're staying in McGettigans hotel which is formerly Gallagher's Hotel in the middle of town and so 5 minutes max from even the furthest pub.

There are loads of great pubs and the only one I'd advise you to avoid is the Wolfe Tone.
    Oh yeah you're right I'll always know it as Gallaghers lol.

Well you're right in the middle of town so OP, bars everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

muffler wrote: »
    Is that place still open? I thought I read (albeit some time ago) that it closed its doors

Still open

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does it have to be L'kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Uh oh, here's the Derry Tourist Board.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

muffler wrote: »

Unfortunately yes they have managed to keep it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Unfortunately yes they have managed to keep it open.

Its not that bad, each to their own and all that. And if your a Celtic supporter, there aren't many places that would beat the atmosphere when they are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

Thanks for all the replies guys, 
    Having dinner in the hotel as part of the deal,has anyone eaten there or know what the food is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

pdiddy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys,
    Having dinner in the hotel as part of the deal,has anyone eaten there or know what the food is like.

I think the food is fabulous- I went there for Christmas lunch with a group and there was no complaints.

Advertisement