Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Australia stopover

Options
  • 15-01-2013 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

Hi

I was in the same position as yourself a few years ago only I went back to Australia. I have family over there and they said that they might mention my fines when landing, but if they do all they will ask is that you pay them or let you off. (I or my family have never heard of anyone being deported or not allowed in dues to parking fines)

I flew there and nothing was said to me. The checked my passport, asked me how i got on on the WHV as they saw it in my passport and that was it. Into customs and then out and nobody said a word to me. I have been back 3 times since without anyone saying anything to me. (And I flew into the state where the fines were issued - although my sister told me to try another state but i didnt)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Don't quote me on this but the way I see it, speeding fines issued by the police are a bit more serious than parking fines issued by some council so might appear depending on how they were issued to you, ie Police Officer on the side of the road taking details or in the post from a camera, if camera you might be able to claim ignorance

But these will only be an issue if on your stop over you have to go through Customs and Immigration, if you can go straight through to Departures for your connecting flight I can't see how they can do anything.
    As for Toll ways are operated by a company are they not???

How did you manage a couple of speeding fines and go through toll booths in a couple of months, considering you might not have had transport straight away, it's some going. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

jacksie66 wrote: »
    if I go to leave the airport or will I be refused entry altogether. Cheers lads.

Off topic i know but why would you leave the airport ?

• Advertisement

Advertisement