Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

409 bus to Parkmore

Options
  • 15-01-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭

Approximately how long does it take for the 409 to go as far as Parkmore between 10 and 11 a.m?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

From Eyre Square about 10-15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thank you!

Thought it'd take a bit longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

It's scheduled to take 30 minutes from the end of Parkmore to Eyre Square I think because it goes through Doughiska as well. I think it depends how often the bus has to stop and for how long. I live across from Merlin Park and take that bus often at all sorts of times and I think it generally takes a bit over 15 minutes in an out of Eyre Square so getting from Parkmore to Eyre Square in 15 would be very tight in my opinion.

If you are going there for an interview, I'd say allow plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    From Eyre Square about 10-15 minutes

Depends if you are on a bus with lots of people heading to gmit.

Id allow 30 mins even at that time, or 45 if going to an interview. You an hide in table talk for coffee if you are too early to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm just going in to do a job shadow for the day. Have to be there for 11 and definitely can't afford to be late. First impressions and all of that. Should be getting into Galway at around 10 but I was hoping to go to and get my learner's permit issued first. Might leave it until afterwards to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I get the 409 from Eyre Square at 7:45 and get off at the last stop in Parkmore pretty consistently at 8:10, so 25mins. The roads aren't too busy then either.

I got it one day at 8:15 and it arrived at 8:50, so over the 30 mins when the roads get busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

I start work in Parkmore at 7:30am. If I get the first 409 from the GMIT stop, will I make work in time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The first bus leaves Eyre Square at 06:30, that'll get to Parkmore by 06:55. The second bus leaves at 07:00 and will get you out to Parkmore by 07:25.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The 6:30am goes via Monivea Rd not GMIT, so no good. But the 7am should be fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement