Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents for CAO

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭WoolahUrma

yeah, on the instructions its clear that if the info required is specified on the transcripts your grand but like i said, i range the cao cause i was a little paranoid about the application being wrong. cao woman said, send in the parchment, dont mind the instruction, better safe than sorry she said. if she hadnt said that i wouldnt have sent it in so, yeah, confusing instructions. im sure the institution you applied to will see where your coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

WoolahUrma wrote: »
    I would imagine that your college would send this out to you. They might charge a small fee but it would be easier then the garda option

It's pretty easy to get the guards to certify it, it's just a matter of bringing in the copy and the original and the guard on duty in the station stamps and signs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 IEMedAp

yeah, on the instructions its clear that if the info required is specified on the transcripts your grand but like i said, i range the cao cause i was a little paranoid about the application being wrong. cao woman said, send in the parchment, dont mind the instruction, better safe than sorry she said. if she hadnt said that i wouldnt have sent it in so, yeah, confusing instructions. im sure the institution you applied to will see where your coming from

Well I have run into a separate problem now in that (for whatever reason) at my University the only transcript they provide is the one you print off yourself (nothing else available), which the Universities seem reluctant to accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭WoolahUrma

IEMedAp wrote: »
    Well I have run into a separate problem now in that (for whatever reason) at my University the only transcript they provide is the one you print off yourself (nothing else available), which the Universities seem reluctant to accept.

thats right yeah, they want original transcripts. the only non original they accept is the parchment.

stick the boot in i reckon. your at the point where if you want to continue down the road of gradmed your going to have to bust some jaws.

im sure that if the university know the situation and you offer to pay postage etc theyll have to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 18 IEMedAp

thats right yeah, they want original transcripts. the only non original they accept is the parchment.

stick the boot in i reckon. your at the point where if you want to continue down the road of gradmed your going to have to bust some jaws.

im sure that if the university know the situation and you offer to pay postage etc theyll have to do something

They're really not proving very helpful. I offered to send a print out of the transcript they already have, stamped etc by the University, to which the response was in effect "they might accept that". Not very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

(reposting here as it may be more relevant)

I finally got my UCD transcripts today and I'm sending everything into the CAO now (yes, I know I'm late, they told me it would be ok).

There has been lots of talk here about documents and problems with them, so let's see if we can provide the definitive check-list that is guaranteed to be accepted without a problem, for everyone's benefit.

I'm looking at this page for info:
    http://www2.cao.ie/downloads/documents/GraduateEntryMedicine2013.pdf

• full academic transcript (all years)
    • certified copy of parchment (even though the rules don't seem to require it)
    • Proof of EU status
    • GAMSAT score (if previously sat which I have)
    • A stamped self-addressed envelope with details of everything I'm sending

I have a copy of my parchment stamped in the Garda station, I am taking it this will suffice.

For EU status, I'm going to photocopy my passport and a payslip or something similar with my PPS number (has anyone submitted anything else for this one?)

For my previous GAMSAT in the UK, the ACER website provides me with a PDF of the result. This hardly seems the most secure document in the world as PDFs can be altered, but I understand this is what we are to send. I see no mention of getting this certified in any way. I'm just going to print the PDF at home and send that, right?

Are there any conceivable problems with all these or anything one should add to be completely certain?

Can anyone who recently was in touch with the colleges about missing or faulty documentation provide any updates about what was wrong and what they need to do to remedy it?

Advertisement