Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things People Say That Annoy You

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Anything Katherine lynch says..head wrecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Roger_007 wrote: »
    People who don't know the difference between moot and mute. Usually used by politicians..they say mute when should say moot. Makes them sound like gob****es.

That's a mute point, if you don't like politicians making a bollix of it, then just press the moot button, you mutt.
    Anyway, everyone knows that muut is the grim reaper in native American culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anything Katherine lynch says..head wrecker
    Im with you there, what a revolting creature she is. I was with my cousins from the country once and they were laughing like lunatics at every utterance from her huge mouth.. She's not funny and very annoying....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    "Woman can multi-task and men can't "
    It is untrue we are both equally bad at it. It comes from an experiment where woman were tested doing household tasks and so were men. At the time (50s) woman were more accustomed to the tasks.
    So it it was more an experiment on experience versus non experienced people
    Oh and the other classic oft repeated that women have a higher vocabulary and use more words a day than men. While it does appear that women have on average a better capacity for learning language and adding new languages, the stat about daily vocabulary comes from a self help book from the 80's that referenced no research and it itself has been referenced as fact every since.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Multi tasking is actually a myth ! It's impossible for the brain to do more than one thing at a time whether your a woman a man or a fish or anything with a brain. What is happening when we think we are multi-tasking is that we are switching our attention from one thing to another with great efficiency and speed but we are not actually doing anything simultaneously. Sorry to go off topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

'can you say ....'

For instance, you drop something and some fool says 'can you say- butterfingers?'
    Fcuk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

'can you say ....'

For instance, you drop something and some fool says 'can you say- butterfingers?'
    Fcuk off!
    Or else they'll say "butterfingers dot com over here". At this point i fcuk them out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

GerB40 wrote: »
    Or else they'll say "butterfingers dot com over here". At this point i fcuk them out the window.

I really cannot abide by people that exaggerate and just go OTT altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

"don't cum in my face"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

When Americans say "That's not okay" or "It's not okay", especially in that drawly accent. Don't know why it annoys me so much but it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

excessive use of the word mate.
    "alright mate?" youre not my fcuking mate now piss off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

"and she's like....."
    "and I'm like...."
    "and then she was like..."

Whatever happened to "and then I said...."

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭HHobo

cantdecide wrote: »
    Whatever happened to "and then I said...."

OMG! That is like soooooo 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Yes, the Catholic Church did bad things, but look at all the good things they've done!"

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

" your lucky to have a job "
    Not as lucky as you , who can spend all day traveling between the pub and the bookies since 1982

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

youtube! wrote: »
    Multi tasking is actually a myth ! It's impossible for the brain to do more than one thing at a time whether your a woman a man or a fish or anything with a brain. What is happening when we think we are multi-tasking is that we are switching our attention from one thing to another with great efficiency and speed but we are not actually doing anything simultaneously. Sorry to go off topic!
    Well..... not really. That's more like how computers (mostly/kinda) work. We and other living systems are different. Most of the time we don't task switch like you describe, we multitask and multithread. Walk to the shops with a mate and have a chat along the way. That's multitasking. Walking, talking, calling up memories, knowing the direction you're going, recognising landmarks, faces etc, never mind all the other underlying stuff going on like breathing and other bodily processes controlled by the brain and that's a very simple action. We parallel process all the time and we have mahooosive processing power. It's what our brains are very very good at.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

The female DJ on TodayFM between 5 and 7am talking to the newscaster whose 1st name is Sinéad and she pronounces it Sinéath, buggs the **** out of me:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

"kfallon, you're a big bollix!" :mad:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭md23040

Michael Noonan the big culchie minister of finance trying to sound all hi-tech and intelligent on RTE news this evening referring to 2013 as two-thirteen and then talking about two twenty six and fifty three.

For the record in 213 Ireland owed no monies to any international bondholders and Marcus Aurelius was emperor of Rome. Absolute numpty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jkell061 wrote: »
    "Hanged" is correct, as in the past tense if a person were to hang himself

Doesn't mean the word doesn't sound horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

People who start every sentence with 'NO' see this a lot with when footballers get interviewed.

Interviewer: You had a good game today
    Footballer: No, thanks very much

Interviewer: The manager has really got you playing well
    Footballer: No, well he is great coach

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

"you know"

Sonia O'Sullivan used to say this so many times in interviews, see if you can find any of her interviews, my brother and I used to have a quick prediction how many times she would say it. Over 20 in one 5 minute interview I think.

Maybe its a cork accent thing, but used to annoy the hell out of me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JayConlon91

or "now in a minute"
    does nuthing but frustrate me cause it makes no sense ha

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

"Hot Water Heater"

It's a WATER HEATER! If the water were already hot then there would be no need for the heater. Duhh

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

"you know"

Sonia O'Sullivan used to say this so many times in interviews, see if you can find any of her interviews, my brother and I used to have a quick prediction how many times she would say it. Over 20 in one 5 minute interview I think.

Maybe its a cork accent thing, but used to annoy the hell out of me

You know....I don't think its a cork accent thing since it is used all the time here in the states and it drives me crazy too! ;)
    (you know what I mean, lol)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

"As a parent"

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well..... not really. That's more like how computers (mostly/kinda) work. We and other living systems are different. Most of the time we don't task switch like you describe, we multitask and multithread. Walk to the shops with a mate and have a chat along the way. That's multitasking. Walking, talking, calling up memories, knowing the direction you're going, recognising landmarks, faces etc, never mind all the other underlying stuff going on like breathing and other bodily processes controlled by the brain and that's a very simple action. We parallel process all the time and we have mahooosive processing power. It's what our brains are very very good at.

Read this!

http://www.danthurmon.com/2012/06/the-myth-of-multitasking/

youtube! wrote: »
    Read this!
    OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bossy cnuts who start a sentence with......

''Well in future.........''

Fux Sake!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I worked with a real-life Dr.Cox who started every instruction (and almost every other sentence) with "why don't I/ you/ we go ahead and..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

My cousint no is cousin u fool

Ol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

monflat wrote: »
    My cousint no is cousin u fool

Ol

Off topic but if you're on the touch site, and you scroll down, then back up real fast...

Even Bert looks a bit surprised at the above post! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭md23040

Enduring Voice of Ireland tonight and Bressie and Kian Egan keep referring to you as yeeeee.

What’s that all about?

Also heard cowl-yum for column. Dear God....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Now somebody here, we'll mention no names... [pause and do a really ott glare at the guilty party before continuing] :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 dondavenport

It annoys me when politicians say "we have a situation", "we can't have a situation...", "a situation"

Does anyone else notice how often politicians say this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

It annoys me when politicians say "we have a situation", "we can't have a situation...", "a situation"

Does anyone else notice how often politicians say this?
    I now have Ian Paisleys voice in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Same Difference.

words cannot describe how much this annoys me. [http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv8vg4MltV1r28n1c.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭mewithoutyou

'Boardsies'

Advertisement