Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid citation New York

Options
  • 15-01-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

12 years ago while I was on J1 I got a citation for public drinking in New York. In my youthful wisdom, I thought it a better idea to use money for other means rather than pay the fine and hence left country with the unpaid fine. Now 12 years later my other half wants to go on holidays to New York and I'm worried that this prior indiscretion will either result in me being declined entry or worse arrested on arrival in New York. Can anyone please set my mind at ease? How would they be able to tie the citation to me? Surely all they have is a name......

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There should be no trouble, certainly no arrest. If you are trying to rent a car or a rental property, it may come up in a credit check but if you are just flying there and staying in a hotel it is very unlikely to be an issue.

Advertisement