Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Soccer Pitches - Help me find them

• 15-01-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My young lad is with a local South Dublin soccer team who are beginning competitive games and I struggle to find them. I'm desperate at following directions and rely on my sat nav 100% but even then I often end up in the wrong place because the address I have for the pitch is vague or just wrong!!

I'm due to be at a match in Dublin Postal Sports & Social Club over the weekend but having spent 10 minutes searching on Google Maps and Google in general I'm still not sure EXACTLY where the pitch is. The Clubs own website have an address of "Andy Moore Park, Kiltipper Road, Old Bawn, Tallaght, Dublin 24" which sounds very detailed and easy to find but nothing comes up in Google Maps with that address. I found a location for "The Andy Moore Memorial Sports Club, Kiltipper Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Co. Dublin" which I guess is it but why the two different club names?

Is there a directory/database of Dublin soccer clubs/pitches with GPS co-ordinates anywhere that someone could point me to?? It would be much appreciated.

Ben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

It's on the Kiltipper road . It's just past Thomas Davis Gaa Club .

You can't really miss it if you're on that road there's not a lot there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

53.27109696 , -6.36527359

just google this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was there last saturday lovely setup, decent pitch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Does the kid's gaffer not do a multi-car convoy from the teams' home pitch the way they did when I was a kid?

I remember my Dad trying desperately to keep the convoy both ahead and behind him from Cabinteely to Kildare on many a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

micks wrote: »
    53.27109696 , -6.36527359

just google this

Spot on Mick, that's right on top of "The Andy Moore Memorial Sports Club" so I guess they are one and the same.

It does look like a nice set up so looking forward to the game.

Cheers all.

Ben

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Does the kid's gaffer not do a multi-car convoy from the teams' home pitch the way they did when I was a kid?

I remember my Dad trying desperately to keep the convoy both ahead and behind him from Cabinteely to Kildare on many a Sunday morning.

Yeah, they do try that but it's a disaster, someone always gets lost and everyone behind that person follows them :rolleyes:

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Get onto club committee.

This is basic stuff.

Get onto club committee.

This is basic stuff.

No bloody way!!! I can just about commit to bringing him to games etc, I certainly couldn't commit to a committee.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

BenThere wrote: »
    No bloody way!!! I can just about commit to bringing him to games etc, I certainly couldn't commit to a committee.

Ben

I meant "get on" as in contact the committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Get onto club committee.

This is basic stuff.

We have more than 2 pitches in the big smoke, its a bit different :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Check out soccer-ireland.com

I think they have most Dublin clubs details etc on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Check out soccer-ireland.com

I think they have most Dublin clubs details etc on there

This.

Bit of a life saver for us every Saturday.

Advertisement