Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda cert Question

Options
  • 15-01-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all guys i am just about to apply for a garda clearance cert,i have just one question,which one of these forum,s do i send of?also do i have to pay the 6.35?just want to be sure.thanks all;)
    http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?Page=1548

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

For the IEC is it?
    I just wrote down on a piece of paper that I need clearance for a Visa for Canada along with my name, d.o.b., place of birth, all previous addresses I've lived at, current residence, copy of my birth cert and passport, a stamped self addressed envelope and handed the lot into the Garda Station in Tuam. (I'm under the Tuam district)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Panthro wrote: »
    For the IEC is it?
    I just wrote down on a piece of paper that I need clearance for a Visa for Canada along with my name, d.o.b., place of birth, all previous addresses I've lived at, current residence, copy of my birth cert and passport, a stamped self addressed envelope and handed the lot into the Garda Station in Tuam. (I'm under the Tuam district)

Cool thanks m8,yea i forgot to say that it was for the IEC program.Btw did you have to pay any money for the cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not a dime beyond the 55cent for the stamp as far as I can remember!

Panthro wrote: »
    Not a dime beyond the 55cent for the stamp as far as I can remember!

Cool Thanks m8;)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Instead of starting a new thread on the topic...

How long should the garda cert take to get processed?
    I went into the station (Cork, if that makes any difference...?) this day last week and no sign of it yet... Did it take very long for it to come in the post for those of you who have already got it?

• Advertisement

giggii wrote: »

I went into the station (Cork, if that makes any difference...?) this day last week and no sign of it yet... Did it take very long for it to come in the post for those of you who have already got it?

Last year i applyed for a garda cert here in cavan it took around 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Took me 3 days to get mine went in Tuesday morning it arrived Friday morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

giggii wrote: »

We were told 2 weeks I think, maybe 3, but it ended up taking 6 as the guard on the desk forgot to submit the completed form. Once the form was sent into the correct office they dealt with it very quickly (as they were aware there had been a delay).
    This was in Tallaght, Dublin.

Police clearance forms from both the UK & Germany were received more quickly (& were a lot more official looking too).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

howyeh lads first time poster here

have I left it too late to get me garda cert. Im gonna go down the garda station in the morning. So do yehs think by the time I get it back signed the applications will be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

howyeh lads first time poster here

have I left it too late to get me garda cert. Im gonna go down the garda station in the morning. So do yehs think by the time I get it back signed the applications will be open?
    No you haven't left it too late. It depends on how busy the Garda station is. It's the superintendent that signs it. I had mine back in less than a week so you definitely have time. All we know for sure is the applications are opening before 1st feb. So you potentially have up to two weeks from now before the applications open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Lima Golf wrote: »
    No you haven't left it too late. It depends on how busy the Garda station is. It's the superintendent that signs it. I had mine back in less than a week so you definitely have time. All we know for sure is the applications are opening before 1st feb. So you potentially have up to two weeks from now before the applications open.

yeah cheers, is that [garda.pdf] in the first post the form to fill in?

Ya. It's the Garda PDF 1. Mine looked a little different to it(more boxes!) but asked all the same questions. It's probably not a standardised form and differs from station to station so I wouldn't print that one off and bring it in.

Just call into your local Garda station with a copy of your passport and a stamped addressed envelope. Ask for a form to apply for a police certificate of character for a visa for canada. Fill it in there and then and give the lot to the guard. He sends it to the superintendent and he signs it. Cert posted out to you. Simples :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So do you need to fill out a form or can you just give all my details on a piece of paper along with a copy of my birth cert and passport?

I filled out a form with the following questions:
    purpose of visa, country travelling to, name, address, dob, phone no, previous addresses.
    I didn't sign it or anything there's just a place for the guard to sign.

So it's up to you, you can hand in your details and let the guard fill it out for you or just fill it in yourself at the counter. It an extremely straight forward form.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lima Golf wrote: »
    I filled out a form with the following questions:
    purpose of visa, country travelling to, name, address, dob, phone no, previous addresses.
    I didn't sign it or anything there's just a place for the guard to sign.

So it's up to you, you can hand in your details and let the guard fill it out for you or just fill it in yourself at the counter. It an extremely straight forward form.

Cool thanks , hopefully do it monday morning because got to try find my birth cert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

I went into Pearse Street station a few hours ago with all the necessary documentation, stated that I wanted to apply for a Garda Certificate for a Canadian Visa application, and was told that they can't do anything there and its all done online. Were they just blatantly giving me the runaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I went into Pearse Street station a few hours ago with all the necessary documentation, stated that I wanted to apply for a Garda Certificate for a Canadian Visa application, and was told that they can't do anything there and its all done online. Were they just blatantly giving me the runaround?

Yea thats a load of bollox, there is no online system to get a garda certificate.You have to go into the station with your birth cert, a letter from the embassy stating you need a cert and a stamped addressed envelope and thats it. It seems they dont have a clue what your asking about when you go in.

Advertisement