Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Professional Makeup Kit

• 15-01-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Hello ladies,

I am just looking for a little help. I have a girlfriend who really wants a Professional Makeup Kit and I want to buy her one as a surprise. Can you please recommend one for me as I really have no clue. Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Do you mean actual cosmetic products or brushes?

For products, Mac did up some really nice hampers/gift sets at Christmas. I'm sure if you asked and gave a budget they'd make something up for you. They had lots of eyeshadows/liners/lipsticks/blushes. It would be very hard to get foundation, concealer or powder as it needs to be a perfect match so she'd need to pick it herself/get samples.

I'm sure Make-Up Forever would do something similar.

I can't think of any specific kits though, with all in one from a single brand! I'm sure all the girls here would agree that we have a mix of lots of brands in our kits :D You'd see kits at Christmas in Boots/Dunnes etc with all the bits in them, but the quality wouldn't be amazing. Obviously budget is a big factor, and whether you want a kit with everything, or spend more on less but good quality items.

Spehora does these, you'd have to get it from the US though. Not a fan personally of this type of product. The shadow dust would get all into the lip stuff! http://www.sephora.fr/media/catalog_ProductCatalog/m4750795_P1143031_princ_la.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Twee. wrote: »
    Do you mean actual cosmetic products or brushes?

Both I think, and thank you for the reply. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Do you have a budget? If i was doing up my dream makeup kit for myself i would have €500+ gone in the blink of an eye .:o

I agree with what Twee says and start with MAC. Even starting your gf off with a complete brush set from them,a basic eyeshadow palette,brush cleaner and a bronzing powder would be an AMAZING present to give her. That'd come to around €300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm pretty sure Inglot do specific kits for make-up artists etc. This link says they do college kits for student MUAs, but I'd say if you ask they might do up something similar for your gf? They have very good quality products.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

as seran said inglot do make up kits, their good but id give the foundations a miss if you decide to go with them ,if shes a student make up artist she can get a discount of 10 percent from inglot proving she gives them college id. if not then sign up for debahams beauty rewards card and boots if your spending a fair bit of money youl get a good few points.

is this just for herself or is she planning on going pro, if so just get the basics for now, 3 shades of each foundation,concealer,lipstick,lip liner, lipgloss and blush: light,medium and dark.

face primer : inglot , mac.
    eye-shadow primer : Urban Decay.
    concealer : mac and bobbie brown.
    eye-shadow: UD naked 1 or 2 . inglot build your own.
    foundation : mac and estee lauder.
    lipstick: EL , mac and inglot .
    lip liners : mac, inglot.
    eye-liners: UD.
    gel eye-liners : inglot.
    blusher: mac , inglot , benefit , sleek.
    highlighter : benefit.
    contour : benefit, sleek.

Brushes : Samantha Chapman , mac , sigma a beauty blender .
    Disposables, mascara wands , cotton buds ect
    eyelash's : adrell

also check out 120 palettes and 66 lip palettes on ebay .

• Advertisement
Advertisement