Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamestop about to rip us of even more

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

my car has been broken into 17 times this month!!!!! i reckon axa are gonna raise my premium THE BASTARDS......

op moaning that he might be charged more for games in one retailer... dont make me laugh i just got stung for 200 euro by HMV the dirty lousy bastards...

sorry rant over :mad:
    You are one unlucky man,must be a very nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

soap1978 wrote: »
    You are one unlucky man,must be a very nice car.
    sorry i was trying to be smart lol as in i live in an area that has rank crime i claim weekly on my insurance and insurance companies think they can charge me more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

If you have game problems i feel bad for you son.

I got 99 problems but buying games ain't one.

Amazon, steam, hell ebay... hit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I think Far Cry 3 and Halo 4 were the last new games I bought. I normally go for second hand games and use games I do not play anymore as trade ins. So I generally don't have a problem with their new game prices because I don't buy them new.

What I said applies if you are only buying second hand though. You get more for trade ins because they charge more for second hand. You may still save money by trading in somewhere else against a cheaper game.
    I used to go to the city centre and price games vs trade-ins in Gamestop, HMV, Smiths and CEX (all around Henry St in Dublin). I never went back to Gamestop, HMV or CEX usually worked out better.
    On the other hand I see your point. If HMV does go under what choice will we have other than online shopping and Gamestop though?

If you want to keep going for trade in against second hand, then you have Smiths (not much better than Gamestop), CEX (you can check what you will get on their website first, so very useful) and Xtravision (usually fairly good, but poor range).
    These are concentrated in Dublin though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One thing that does get forgotten is that Gamestop's website is pretty competitive on prices and nearly always cheaper than their stores. Delivery can be hit or miss though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Now in fairness to gamestop , at least in galway they are the only store to sell games like Disgaea,hyperdimension neptunia,Atelier series and even sakura wars which i stupidly passed up on and not 50 billion copies of fifa or cod like hmv or xtravision do

Perhaps Zhivago will start selling games :pac:

Advertisement