Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting photos on iPhone 5 that were imported from another phone?

• 15-01-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has a fix for this...I've just upgraded to an iPhone 5 from a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the agent in the shop where I bought it transferred all the photos from my old phone to the new one. The only problem is I can't seem to find a way to delete any of these imported photos as I don't really need the vast majority of them anymore. They are located in an album called 'sii pics' (which I presume was created by the agent). There is no trash can icon below any of the photos and they do not appear on iTunes when the phone is connected to my laptop so I can't delete them that way either. It's very frustrating as neither O2 nor the Apple forum were able to help me out! Any clever boardsies out there? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smig1985

You can press edit but an option to delete doesn't come up after that; you can rotate the picture, auto-enhance it, remove the red-eye or constrain it, but there's definitely no option to delete. It seems to have puzzled everyone I've explained it to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

When you connect to the pc go to my computer and click on th iPhone. You have to go through 2 or 3 folders to get to it but ya should get DCIM with sii inside it. Try delete them from there. I'd imagine the sales rep synced the pics from iTunes so if you try sync pics from your own iTunes all of them will get removed

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smig1985

Cheers guil, I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lenconan

The easiest way is to connect it to your computer and open the camera roll as a digital camera with iPhone Data Eraser.
    Alternatively, on the phone, open the camera roll, if it isn't displaying thumbnails tap the "camera roll" label on the upper left. Then tap the box with an arrow on the bottom of the screen, tap each photo you want to delete once, then tap to delete photos from iPhone.

• Advertisement

lenconan wrote: »
    The easiest way is to connect it to your computer and open the camera roll as a digital camera with iPhone Data Eraser.
    Alternatively, on the phone, open the camera roll, if it isn't displaying thumbnails tap the "camera roll" label on the upper left. Then tap the box with an arrow on the bottom of the screen, tap each photo you want to delete once, then tap to delete photos from iPhone.

Imported photos don't appear in the camera roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Smig1985 wrote: »
    You can press edit but an option to delete doesn't come up after that; you can rotate the picture, auto-enhance it, remove the red-eye or constrain it, but there's definitely no option to delete. It seems to have puzzled everyone I've explained it to!

You can go in to ANY Album in the photos app. Click on 'select' on the top right, and tap on all the photos you don't want ... then click on the bin on the bottom right. What's the problem ?

Piliger wrote: »
    You can go in to ANY Album in the photos app. Click on 'select' on the top right, and tap on all the photos you don't want ... then click on the bin on the bottom right. What's the problem ?
    No you can't, if an album is synced from itunes the only way to remove it is unsync it.

guil wrote: »
    No you can't, if an album is synced from itunes the only way to remove it is unsync it.

Yes you can ... for certain if it's not completely synced with iTunes. I have several albums synced with iTunes and it is no problem. I can't comment if ALL are synced as I dont want to test it right now.

NB: The OP did not indicate he was synced.

EDIT: I see that the albums that are synced do not give a trash icon. So the solution is to either a) Select and Move to an album that is not synced, or b) un click "all folders" in the iTunes Photos sync section.

The op said the assistant in the shop did it. You can't put pics in an album using a computer unless you sync. When you do so you can't delete the pics unless you have the phone jail broken and use a file browser or you un-sync them.

• Advertisement

The op said the assistant in the shop did it. You can't put pics in an album using a computer unless you sync. When you do so you can't delete the pics unless you have the phone jail broken and use a file browser or you un-sync them.

Don't you get it ? You don't have to sync all albums... And he can delete if he moves first.

I can't check because I have no photos synced from my PC but if you can't delete the photos from an iTunes created folder I doubt you can move them to another folder to delete them there. You can create a folder from the photos app and move them around all day long but synced folders are different.

I can't check because I have no photos synced from my PC but if you can't delete the photos from an iTunes created folder I doubt you can move them to another folder to delete them there. You can create a folder from the photos app and move them around all day long but synced folders are different.

The management of photos in the photo app is a little bit of a pain actually. Normally all potos originate in the Camera roll, whether actually taken with the camera or saved. When you move to another folder, it is copied but not actually moved, leaving the original still in the camera roll.

The only solution to this situation, where we don't really know how the photos were placed there - seems to be to uncheck sync photos, sync the phone and go and delete what he doesn't want.

Advertisement