Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducato: Check your power steering

• 15-01-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Recently suffered the misfortune of a power steering fluid leak. Fortunately, for me it happen as I was reversing around the house.

Anyway the route cause was rather simple and easily preventable. The power steering hose that runs from the pump to the rack was resting against the inner wheel arch.

IMG_4443_zps5f1d34d6.jpg

If you look carefully at the picture above it is the higher tube in the middle of the picture. The wheel arch cut a nice clean slice into the pipe leaving me with a few quid less in my wallet.

So if you have a 2nd Gen Ducato check your pipes. You may save yourself money and hassle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Lucky! not fun to cleanup that stuff! Thought there was a nylon sleeve in the middle of that hose.

Heres a tip if anyone gets stranded. A few years ago I needed a power steering hose in a hurry. I went to the local hydraulics guys they cut the hose looked at it and said 'no steel reinforcing - max 10bar - welding hose' they sold me a meter of welding hose for about 3 quid that was much tougher than the original and worked away happily since.

Advertisement