Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair in Castlebar

Options
  • 15-01-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Can anyone recommend a reliable tech guy to fix a problem with my laptop? it's refusing to run Java even though it's installed and enabled.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Wowbagger wrote: »
    Hi all.

Can anyone recommend a reliable tech guy to fix a problem with my laptop? it's refusing to run Java even though it's installed and enabled.

Thanks in advance

Dave
    i can help.

you need to do is remove all the previous versions with http://singularlabs.com/software/javara/

The try install the latest version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Recommend highly Michael Flynn, Limeyard, James St Westport. Knows his stuff and is very obliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Wowbagger

Thanks very much for the replies.

@irishgeo I tried unimstalling and reinstalling but to no avail, then I reinstalled it using ninite (I think) on the advice of a boardsie in the Tech forum and it's now working.!

@nuac thanks for the info I will keep his details in case of a repeat

Thanks again!

D

Advertisement