Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Brown to release new book ..

Options
  • 15-01-2013 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

In May - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21028802
    Dan Brown to release new Robert Langdon book Inferno in May

_65285296_65285295.jpgDan Brown's novels have sold millions of copies worldwide
    Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

Dan Brown, the bestselling author of The Da Vinci Code, is to release a new book in May.
    Titled Inferno, it will be the fourth novel in the crime series following Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon.
    Brown said he was influenced by Italian poet Dante's classic work, Inferno, while researching in Florence.
    Set in Italy, the book will see Langdon drawn into "a harrowing world centred on one of history's most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces".
    "Although I studied Dante's Inferno as a student, it wasn't until recently that I came to appreciate the enduring influence of Dante's work on the modern world," Brown said.
    "With this new novel, I am excited to take readers on a journey deep into this mysterious realm…a landscape of codes, symbols, and more than a few secret passageways."
    The book's title was revealed via posts on social media sites including Twitter and Facebook.
    Every time fans mentioned the novel, a piece of a mosaic was unlocked which eventually revealed the name.
    The image appears to show The Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower - otherwise better known as the Duomo - in Florence.
    It is not the first time puzzles have featured as part of the marketing campaign for Brown's novels.
    Continue reading the main story_53409469_gompertz-112x81.jpgAnalysisWill GompertzArts editor
    Dante Alighieri's 14th-Century epic allegorical poem, depicting Dante's journey through hell, is a literary high point that marked the beginning of the Renaissance. Its enduring influence and broad appeal is partly because the thoughts, issues and characters the reader encounters in the story continue to be universal and relevant. But it is Dante's inventive and lyrical use of language, the scope of his narrative, the imagery he conjures, the rewarding complexity of his ideas, and thriller-like pace of the work that marks it out as one of the finest pieces of writing ever produced.

A number of codes, puzzles and teasers were released to coincide with the launch of his last novel, The Lost Symbol.
    Brown's Langdon novels have sold millions of copies worldwide.
    The Da Vinci Code is the best selling novel in the UK, in terms of print sales, and has been translated into 51 languages.
    Both The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons have become Hollywood movies, starring Tom Hanks in the title role.
    A movie version of The Lost Symbol is still in development.

I wonder will it feature a mysterious assasin ?
    or maybe a beautifull talented young scientist that will assist ?

Maybe some person of high power that will be involved in some twist ...

How about Langdon despite almost 60 with the sporting fitness of a 30 yr old ....

*yawn* .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

My heart sank when I read the title of this thread then I remembered that I don't have to read it and I cheered up again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

"But it is Dante's inventive and lyrical use of language, the scope of his narrative, the imagery he conjures, the rewarding complexity of his ideas, and thriller-like pace of the work that marks it out as one of the finest pieces of writing ever produced."

To the naysayers, I will say that Dan Brown in future generations will have this said about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

...and Scary Movie 8 will win Best Film at the Oscars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

"But it is Dante's inventive and lyrical use of language, the scope of his narrative, the imagery he conjures, the rewarding complexity of his ideas, and thriller-like pace of the work that marks it out as one of the finest pieces of writing ever produced."

To the naysayers, I will say that Dan Brown in future generations will have this said about him.

Are you joking? Dan Brown is the worst author I have ever had the misfortune of reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Are you joking? Dan Brown is the worst author I have ever had the misfortune of reading

Agreed. He is the poor man's Frederick Forsyth. I persevered with the DaVinci Code,but for all its apparent ingenuity,
    the plot was full of holes. Won't be contributing any of my hard earned cash to this over-hyped tosh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

"The famous man looked at the red cup."

You may scoff, but this line from The Da Vinci Code is up there with the greats.:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I enjoyed the Da Vinci code for what it was. Deception Point was pretty bad, though.

Will wait for the reviews. Sometimes a bit of pulp is just what the doctor orders. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Wonder will it be similar to this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Dante-Club-A-Novel/dp/0099465981/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358358398&sr=8-1

And is there still a market for this type of book? Da Vinci Code is 10 years old and I presume most people have lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Dades wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Da Vinci code for what it was. Deception Point was pretty bad, though.

Will wait for the reviews. Sometimes a bit of pulp is just what the doctor orders. :)

Learn from my mistakes. Don't ever read more than one Dan Brown Book. Ever. I read all three Robert Langdon books and they all have exactly the same plot with exactly the same characters (albeit with different names) and exaclty the same twist. Save yourself. Read something else. Read anything else. Or, if you haven't got anything else, just stare at a wall for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Learn from my mistakes. Don't ever read more than one Dan Brown Book. Ever. I read all three Robert Langdon books and they all have exactly the same plot with exactly the same characters (albeit with different names) and exaclty the same twist. Save yourself. Read something else. Read anything else. Or, if you haven't got anything else, just stare at a wall for a few days.

exactly true formula writing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement