Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth and evolution of business ventures

Options
  • 15-01-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, looking for advice and experience, both would be handy. So I'm in my twenties, currently in college, and have several ideas for a business venture. Ideas are one thing obviously, but enterting the next stage of the entrepreneurial process is another thing altogether.

While I feel one or two of my ideas are definetely possible to become succesful and have a prospective market and show profiliability having sounded my idea out to others, through rudimentary market research, I am looking for input from those who have had experience in this area of starting their own business and the processes they had to go through. I've have gained ideas both from travelling, media as well as using my creative side to think up new businesses which Ireland could benefit from.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

My advice would be:

-Make sure there's a demand for what you're offering (really make sure)

-Start small, invest small and test the market before you invest too much

-Do your research, get lots of opinions - put the most stock in the opinions of those who know you the least, generally speaking.

Hi, looking for advice and experience, both would be handy. So I'm in my twenties, currently in college, and have several ideas for a business venture. Ideas are one thing obviously, but enterting the next stage of the entrepreneurial process is another thing altogether.

While I feel one or two of my ideas are definetely possible to become succesful and have a prospective market and show profiliability having sounded my idea out to others, through rudimentary market research, I am looking for input from those who have had experience in this area of starting their own business and the processes they had to go through. I've have gained ideas both from travelling, media as well as using my creative side to think up new businesses which Ireland could benefit from.

Cheers.

Better to be inspired by an idea as opposed to be sitting down looking to think of good ideas. Inspiration carries you that extra mile if things get difficult.
    Straight out of college I set up my first business, very much a case of out of the frying pan into the fire. Was able to make most of my mistakes young which is the best time as you don't have big responsibilities. If you have a wife and kids you can't really afford mistakes.
    You will make the mistakes and when you do just admit them to yourself, learn from them and don't make them again. Much of business is this process, until you get to a point where you don't make the errors anymore.
    If you have the right idea, then just go for it, and don't be afraid of failure, or what other people think.

Advertisement